Are you interested in joining a dynamic, inclusive, and growing professional organization? Our primary focus is to design and provide mission capable hardware to our customer. We provide cutting edge solutions to support the Integrated Communication Systems (ICS) family of products including: encryption devices, radios, transponders, network, and satellite communications. Our engineering team provides domain expertise and creative solutions to deliver innovative designs using the latest proven technology. We offer a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, consensus oriented solutions, problem solving in a team setting, and results based recognition.
Senior Principal Engineer - Lead Hardware Engineer
We are looking for an experienced senior level Lead Hardware Engineer with proven management/leadership experience to join our team. The successful candidate will function as the lead hardware engineer for one or more of our programs. As a Lead HW Engineer, you will be responsible for providing day to day oversight and guidance to a group of electrical and mechanical engineers assigned to the program. You are expected to have ownership of the entire HW design including earned value management, tracking and reporting, metrics, highlights, risk and opportunity management, compliance to technical requirements and implementation of best practices and Raytheon processes.
* A minimum of 10 years professional engineering experience with a minimum of 2 years in a Management/Leadership role
* Demonstrated EVMS Experience or other cost account management experience
* Demonstrated task ownership and accountability for multi-discipline teams
* Experience in project team leadership, including technical, budget, staffing, and schedule management
* Strong team player with good interpersonal skills as well as excellent written/verbal communication skills
* Possess, or able to obtain, Secret Security Clearance and COMSEC Clearance.
* Experience in cost estimation and metric collection
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
* Experience with DoD programs
* Experience in developing architectures based on high level requirements.
* Experience with satellite communications systems
* Experience with Scrum / Agile execution and planning
* Experience using DOORs tool for requirements capture and flow-down.
* Six Sigma/process improvement experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related field
* Master's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Management or related field
139627 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
MA - Marlborough
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.