Lead Cybersecurity Engineer
Job ID: R0065233 Location: Irvine, California, United States of America
Full time, Regular Employment
Location: Irvine, United States of America
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world's largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
The Cybersecurity threat scape is changing rapidly, and at the same time, aircraft are becoming more digitized and globally connected. Airlines and Original Equipment Manufacturers are investing in cybersecurity solutions, and are asking their partners and suppliers to provide secure solutions from delivery through the life of the product. Thales InFlyt Experience, leveraging the broader cybersecurity expertise of the Thales group, leverages the product security organization to keep IFE products, data and services secure from cyber-attacks.
We are currently looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer to join Thales in Irvine, CA.
This Cybersecurity Engineer will report to the Director, Product Cybersecurity. This role will focus on fostering and improving product cybersecurity by directly engaging software development and engineering teams in order to ensure the product cybersecurity roadmap is being executed. The Cybersecurity Engineer will work to improve the integration of cybersecurity culture and awareness across engineering and software development teams. This role will collaborate with all software development and engineering teams including those focused on In-seat connected systems and connectivity solutions. This role will also collaborate with technical staff supporting customers in a services capacity where cybersecurity alignment is required.
* Provide guidance to engineering and development teams regarding alignment to cybersecurity standards and best practices.
* Lead and facilitate technical meetings and workshops with engineering and other senior technical staff at the direction of the Product Security Officer and Cybersecurity Steering Committee with the goal of improving cybersecurity within the product development lifecycle.
* In collaboration with the PSO, define engineering and product development work in cybersecurity roadmap and annual budget for products including remediation, baseline, and value-add services
* Collaborate with product developers and engineering teams to identify and improve processes and technologies that allow for the integration of cybersecurity into the product development lifecycle.
* Ensure work defined in the cybersecurity roadmap is executed within product engineering. This includes input and oversight into technical capabilities definition, alignment with existing standards and best practices. Engage Development Program Managers to ensure work is planned and executed on schedule and within allotted budget.
* Advise the Product Security Officer on the development and ongoing maintenance of Value-add cybersecurity services to be productized and marketed to airline customers.
* Define, implement and manage solutions and processes that allow engineering teams to develop secure products. Provide the tools that foster engineering ownership of cybersecurity in the product development lifecycle.
* Development of product engineering standards and procedures in conjunction with engineering teams.
* Lead engineering aspects of customer workshops and engagements. Provide customers an overview of how Thales implements and manages cybersecurity within the product development lifecycle. Engage customer technical staff while facilitating the vulnerability management process
* Incident response responsibilities - lead the following activities: replicate issues in the lab, determine risks associated with identified vulnerabilities, assist PSO and IR Manager with technical details used in IR tactical decisions, communications, lessons learned, and overall IR process improvements. Collaborate with the incident response manager and the PSO to push any needed remediation through engineering teams and associated processes.
* Collaborate with cybersecurity personnel focused on IFE cybersecurity operations and projects occurring outside of product engineering and development.
Skills and Experience:
* 12 years experience in product software development
* 10 years experience in product engineering with a focus on Cybersecurity
* B.S. in Computer Science, Information Security or Cybersecurity
* Understanding of Cybersecurity attack vectors and ability to guide remediation plans for identified vulnerabilities
* Familiarity with network design principles
* 5 years software development experience
* Cybersecurity incident response experience
* Familiarity with Vulnerability Management including penetration testing, remediation planning and execution
* 3 years experience interacting with customers in a technical capacity
* Familiarity with Payment Card Industry (PCI) certification requirements
* Expertise in cloud security architecture and web application security
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or related certification or active pursuit of a similar certification
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you're looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Thales Group is a global provider of technology solutions for customers in the aerospace, space, defense and security, and ground transportation markets.