Job ID: R0062159 Location: Irvine, California, United States of America
Full time, Regular Employment
Location: Irvine, United States of America
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
We are currently looking for a Solution Architect to join our Thales USA team in Irvine, CA.
* Gather and effectively translate business requirements (e.g. business case, requirement specifications, non-functional requirement specifications & use case models specific to the solution) into technical solutions.
* Conduct gap analysis.
* Develop solution architecture and work with IT stakeholders and business teams to build consensus.
* Create or modify IT Solution Architectures to solve complex problems; taking technology, people, process, culture and desired results into account.
* Drives creative and innovative technology infrastructure design that drives customer benefits.
* Provide guidance on IT Infrastructure roadmap.
* Practice 'systems of Integration' and platform enablement of ecosystem and integration between the platforms.
* Model architecture using architecture modeling tools and industry standard architecture notation
* Produce architecture documentation using Thales standards
* Provide architecture oversight to delivery team members to develop, test and deploy solution components.
* Lead proposal and Request for Proposal (RFP)/ Request for Information (RFI) response development.
* Develop sizing estimates and contribute to project plan.
* Support and mentor other technical team members.
* Ability to interact effectively with customers, vendors, and internal cross-functional teams and to work across geographies and time zones.
* Ability to travel as required
Skills and Experience Required:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with a minimum of 8-12+ years of experience or a Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with 6+ years of experience
* At least 7 years' experience in Solution Architecture and Development (Workflow, Data Architecture, System and Cloud Architecture)
* Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure, networking and security technologies
* Demonstrated technical knowledge of design and development methodologies
* Track record of being part of delivering value using Enterprise Architecture methodologies
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Thales Group is a global provider of technology solutions for customers in the aerospace, space, defense and security, and ground transportation markets.