Junior Software Engineer - Operating System/Gaming Support
Would you like working on an agile team, developing training software that combines virtual and physical simulations?
Would you like being involved in the entire software development environment starting from the operating system?
If so, we have an opportunity for you in our Patriot Fielded Systems and Validation Department in Tewksbury, Massachusetts on the Patriot Multi-Echelon Training (PMET) & Patriot Maintenance Training (PMT) software development team. Patriot is the world's pre-eminent air defense system, and we are currently developing Patriot training software in support of new system capabilities. Successful candidates will work with a team of software and systems engineers to develop and test these new capabilities. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computer languages and platforms.
Job Description: As a Junior Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Patriot PMET & PMT software team, and will be involved in development, integration, test, and user support of a Windows-based, first person military computer simulation used to train maintenance procedures for the Patriot Fielded System. The deliverable PMET & PMT products provide a mix of virtual and physical simulators to be used in a classroom setting. As a Junior Software Engineer, you will learn how to configure the operating system to maximize the performance and integrity of the Patriot Training software. You shall be able to contribute to the entire software life cycle of Requirements, Design, Code, Unit Test, Integration and System Test.
The team works in a scrum development facility located in Tewksbury, MA. The job requires a well-disciplined engineer who is able to thrive in a dynamic environment and is able to work well in a team. Ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is required.
A work/life balance is an important value at Raytheon. Our 9/80 work schedule offers flexibility to help successfully balance the work/life commitments. We have several employee resource groups, with a focus on networking, new hire outreach, career development and community service.
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 (Software Engineer II) or Salary Grade G08 (Sr. Software Engineer I) based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
* Convert software requirements and specifications into logical design artifacts, development of software code, unit testing of code, and analysis of software defects
* Maintain, debug and fix problems with Patriot PMET & PMT applications
* Support generation of documentation to include: software design artifacts, requirements documentation and problem reports
* Determine failure root cause, develop, design and implement solutions
* Analyze system performance vs. technical requirements, research and make Software/Systems improvement recommendations
* Support integration efforts, for which travel may be required
* Some off-hours activities associated with software development and test will be necessary
* Will work on all phases of software development lifecycle, tools, and methodologies
* C++ and C# programming language skills
* Minimum of 2 years software development experience
* Capable of obtaining a US government Secret Clearance
* Bachelor's Degree or better in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
* Proven experience with software development techniques and tools (e.g., Clearcase, Visual Studio, Perforce, Unreal)
* Knowledge of gaming programming
* Experience with software testing and automation tools
* Experience with Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
* Proven experience with C++ and C# software languages
* Proven experience with software development on Windows
* Knowledge of Operating Systems and secure development environments
* Ability to operate complex test equipment
* Demonstrated experience with hardware and related software/hardware interfaces
* Demonstrated ability to investigate, resolve and track complex hardware/software interactions and problems and follow through to resolution
* Demonstrated ability to implement requirements from design through integration
Keywords: C++, C#, programming, clearance, software development, software integration, gaming, Perforce
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
Stay Connected: Don't miss out on what's happening at Raytheon.
* Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
* Follow Raytheon on YouTube
* Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
* Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Raytheon: Making the World a Safer Place
"Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
* Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
136221BR 136221 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.