Raytheon Global Business Services (GBS) has an opening for a Senior Systems Engineer to assist Cyber Development Team within the Cyber Threat Operations group with developing solutions specifically targeted for dealing with today's most sophisticated cyber-attacks.
Responsible for the design, build and maintenance of environments used to develop and test applications that may run on Linux, Windows and / or Macintosh, as well as design, testing these applications.
Strong systems engineering background with proven experience and success creating and maintaining development, lab and test environments. Experience designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure of a complex interconnected enterprise system running on Linux with the ability and willingness to perform stress testing, manual testing and create automation will be required.
* Design, build and maintain complex environments running enterprise software built within the Cyber Development Team that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget.
* Develop plans and best practices outlining steps and time tables for maintaining system uptime and security compliance.
* Perform stress testing of software to assure enterprise readiness.
* Participate in design reviews and defect grooming with developers within the Cyber Development Team
* Minimum 6+ years' experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments
* Experience administering enterprise software environments.
* Experience with scripting technologies (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Python)
* Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
* Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, firewalls, switches, etc.)
* Understanding of information security fundamentals
* Experience in Java server-side development, including web services, REST and application containers (Tomcat, Jetty, etc.)
* Experience installing, administering and testing Oracle back-ends
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
* Experience with LDAP and Active Directory
* Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., VMWare, Hyper-V and VirtualBox)
* Experience in Agile methodology (SCRUM)
* Experience with MSSQL 2012 and newer
* Experience with quality engineering/testing automation
* Experience with Docker, administering/configuring, creating images and running containers
* Windows command line skills (administration level)
* Experience with defining Quality Assurance best practices and processes
* Background in cybersecurity
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or related discipline
136758BR 136758 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company, with 2017 sales of $25 billion and 64,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 96 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I(TM) products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. Visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
Type Of Job
MA - Billerica
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.