Advanced Software Technologies are critical to Raytheon's Space and Airborne Systems' strategic business areas. Our Space Programs lead the industry in demonstrating the speed and agility required for next generation responsive space missions. We are seeking an experienced Deputy Software Integrated Product Team Leader (IPTL), committed to innovative, cost-effective solutions in support of a small / medium size program within the Space Systems Mission area. The candidate will provide engineering leadership for development, integration, and verification of complex systems.
* Technical leadership, system architecture, advanced verification system development, verification planning and coordination, assembly, preparation, and maintenance; troubleshooting; installation & checkout; software integration; IV&V; test data reduction and analysis.
* Will administer technical reviews; provide guides to engineering; coordinates designs; leads day-to-day operations; and represents engineering on the program team. T
* The IPTL will drive effective application of SOFTWARE Engineering to sensor products, and technologies.
* Financial and Schedule metrics including Cost Account Management (CAM) which includes the following but not limited to understating processes apart of program startup, managing Integrated Master Schedules with Budget allocation, WBSs, Earn Value, EACs, LREs, Variance Analyses, Scrum/Agile development, Software Development plans.
* Minimum 8 years' experience in Software Engineering with strong experience in RTOS
* Experienced in system IV&V and T&E
* Expert in risk management
* Experience building relationships and partnering with resources, team player, demonstrated interpersonal skills
* Proficiency in analytical skills, strong written and verbal communicator
* Manages multiple tasks and priorities
* EVMS, project execution and financial responsibility for system development and sell off
* Bidding and proposal experience, program planning and execution
* Penchant to foster new technologies and business growth
* Active SSBI/SCI clearance
* Performing analysis using MATLAB/Simulink or similar platform
* Government customer knowledge
* Knowledge depth of radar systems
* Experience in development and management of cost accounts and schedules
* Understanding of military standard specification as applicable to remote sensing systems
* Specific experience with qualification of space platforms
Required Education: BS degree in Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field.
Desired Education: Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Applied Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field, Supplemental degree in Systems Engineering
IdeasInOrbit 143261BR 143261 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.