Junior Project Manager
Req #: 222523
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Project and Program Management
Minimum Security Clearance: Public Trust
CACI is seeking a Junior Project Manager with experience in the IT field. As an integral member of the Program Management team, primary responsibility will include the performance of technical projects or a definable portion of a larger technical project in a fast paced, rapidly changing government enterprise IT environment. You must be able to work collaboratively with the customer and other staff elements.
What You'll Get To Do:
* Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation library, communication plans, process training, etc.
* Responsible for complex program management tasks and development of standards and processes for scheduling, administration, and accounting.
* Provides thought leadership to project analyses and process improvement activities.
* Matrix manages directors/managers from multiple departments to accomplish interdepartmental initiatives.
* Clearly documents and presents findings including creation of diagrams and procedure documentation.
* Responsible for driving recommendations through to implementation.
* Communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
* Identifies, analyzes and defines project requirements and scope.
* Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs.
* Assists with budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program group/function.
* May conduct interviews, selects and trains staff to provide quality results for the organization as needed.
* May develop performance plans and evaluations of employees, including subordinate supervisors as well as reviews evaluations to assure equity of individual employee performance objectives, standards and ratings among lower level staff/groups.
* Experience managing projects in an enterprise IT environment ensuring adherence to budget, schedule, and scope
* Demonstrated experience developing project plans for IT projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, quality and risk
* Proficient with Microsoft Windows Operating System
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Able to clearly communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Requires bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 3 years of related experience.
* Must be able to obtain a DOJ Public Trust clearance.
* Experience performing Microsoft Windows upgrades in an enterprise environment
* Familiar with Service Desk operations
* Knowledge of basic system administration
* Familiar with Operation & Maintenance (O&M) related tasks relating to Operating Systems and software applications, i.e. patching, etc.
* Familiarity with network management tools such as Microsoft System Configuration Manager (SSCM) and Microsoft System Center Operation Manager (SCOM)
* Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
* Information Technology certifications preferred.
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.