Req #: 220386
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Public Trust
CACI is seeking a Senior Web Application Developer (Java) work on a client site in Washington, DC area. This position will provide web-based application development support in Java for a range of custom built applications. The qualified candidate will be responsible for research, design, and implementation of creative development solutions. The candidate will be the owner of several applications and be responsible for all phases of the build process from planning to design, development and release. The position requires strong hands on technical knowledge of Java and experience mentoring junior developers. The ideal candidate will be comfortable creating deliverables for design and deployment. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have experience identifying and implementing development standards and best practices.
What You'll Get To Do:
* Design, develop, and support web-based Java applications.
* Provide technical recommendations and strategic planning insights to the customer on behalf of the development team.
* Conduct solution analyses and provide recommendations on application improvements to the customer.
* Deliver development artifacts as required by the customer.
* Adhere to the CACI and client configuration management control and QA policies.
* Demonstrate strong customer facing skills
* Mentor team members through code reviews and as a project lead.
* Troubleshoot and resolve production issues (i.e. Tier-3 Support) for Java code, and for non-Java processes using PL/SQL and Linux-based scripting, as needed
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of experience
* 5+ years of experience programming in Java, J2EE and comprehensive understanding of J2EE design patterns
* Experience in using web frameworks such as AJAX, Struts, Hibernate, Bootstrap and Spring, etc
* Experience in creating and using EJBs
* Experience working within formal lifecycle frameworks where formal customer approval of project deliverables was required
* Experience working with PL/SQL in packages and code blocks
* Experience with at least one lightweight scripting language, e.g. Perl, Bash, Python
* US Citizenship with active Public Trust or the ability to obtain
* A Public Trust clearance is required to begin employment. For this position, CACI has the ability to provide clearance sponsorship for qualified individuals.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice To Have:
* Linux experience
* LDAP experience
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.