Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier communications services provider to businesses across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support and our customers include over 85 of the Fortune 100. Granite has over $1.35 billion in revenue with more than 1,800 employees and is headquartered in Quincy, MA just off I-93 and directly next to the North Quincy T Station on the Red Line. Our mission is to be the leading telecommunications company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the "Healthiest Companies" in Massachusetts. Our Quincy office has an onsite dining facility and a fully equipped state of the art gym that offers daily Cross Fit, Mixed Martial Arts, and Yoga classes available to employees at zero cost.
Granite's philanthropy is unparalleled with over $200 million in donations last year to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation and the Alzheimer's Association to name a few,
We have been rated a "Fastest Growing Companies" by Inc. Magazine past ten consecutive years in a row (2007-2016).
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
The Junior Network Security Administrator role is to assist senior members of the Network and Security team with planning, designing, development, and implementation of efficient network integrity, systems security, log management, business continuity and disaster recovery. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of internal systems investments and will be involved in a variety of other projects including assisting with firewall, anti-virus, web filtering, threat remediation and security compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performing analysis of network security needs and contributes to design, integration, and installation of hardware and software
* Analyzing, connectivity requests to insure compliance with NIST standards, Mass 201 CMR 17, PCI and other policies
* Provide recommendations for the development and analysis of Network Security policies and procedures
* Document computer security policies, procedures and provide alternative solutions to requests that violate policies
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* CCNA or at least 2 years of networking experience
* Network and security experience
* Hands-on experience with Internet protocols, IPS, firewalls, packet capture and analysis, SSH, TLS/SSL, web servers, application servers, database security, patch management and vulnerability assessment tools
* Problem Solving - must be able to provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
* Self-Motivator possessing a high sense of urgency and high level of integrity
* Strong written and verbal communication, as well as organization and documentation skills
* Strong knowledge of networks and network topologies and protocols
* Experience with endpoint security software and encryption products
* Knowledge of features of Active Directory, Group Policy and Certificate Authority technologies.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Cisco CCNA
* Microsoft MCSA
* CompTIA A+
* CompTIA Network +
* CompTIA Security+
About Granite Telecommunications
Granite Telecommunications is a communications services provider for businesses with multiple locations.