Java/ Python Software Engineer
Req #: 190016799
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to top quality design, analytics, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating new products and software, and enhancing existing applications. You'll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders updated on the progress and status. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development, such as Agile frameworks, is key. And best of all, you'll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Bachelor's degree, or specialized training or equivalent work experience.
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java
* Supporting and maintaining existing applications with a heavy focus on small to medium sized tasks.
* Working closely with the front office users.
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* 5+ years of Software Engineering experience.
* Familiarity with Perl is preferred.
* Good analytical skills that are coupled with strong communication.
* Good problem solving and debugging skills.
* Willingness to work on small to medium sized tasks in a dynamic environment.
* Ability to work with a distributed team is a big plus.
* Self-motivated with can-do attitude.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
@2017 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.