Software Engineering - Application User Interface Developer
Req #: 190056342
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
The Corporate Technology (CT) organization develops applications and provides technology support for corporate functions across JPMorgan Chase, including Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and all functions within the Corporate Administrative Office (CAO).
Within CT, the Controls, Legal & Regulatory Technology organization delivers technology solutions for:
* Legal & eDiscovery - ensures that JPMC follows relevant laws, regulations and business rules, including understanding and adhering to ethical codes; managing litigations, transaction matters, legal entities, outside counsel's, legal hold, collection and preservation during litigation matters
* Controls & Operational Risk - identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks followed by coordinated application of resources to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of events; capital loss quantification, issue management, training and awareness
* Regulatory Engagement - oversight of Regulatory engagements - commitments, meetings and formal reporting to regulatory authorities; Policies & Standards, Legal Regulatory Change Mgmt. and Obligations.
Regulatory Technology is seeking a senior User Interface (UI) Developer to provide expert leadership in implementing improved user-centered designs and mentor other developers on the efficient use of modern UI toolkits. Responsibilities will also include reviewing UI implementations across multiple Regulatory Technology applications. Implementations are expected to maximize reuse and standardized themes, bringing state-of-the-art interfaces to some of the firm's most broadly used applications.
* Design and implement highly performant single page applications that are cross browser, Compliant, responsive, and accessible
* Write unit tests and integration tests
* Package and deploy application UI code that includes image optimization, minification etc.
* Perform peer reviews
* Debug/Troubleshoot issues
* Focus on user centric designs, and non-functional requirements
* Work collaboratively with a team of java web developers in Agile development setup
Candidates must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following:
* React/Angular, material-ui, ag-grid, Node.js, npm
* Styling, theme development - CSS, SCSS
* Charting libraries - High Charts, D3 etc.
* Test driven development - Jasmine, Karma, Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, Protractor etc. Browser development tools
* Innovative thinking
* Ability to evaluate/compare various emerging UI technologies and opine on fitness for purpose
* Required: 7+ year experience in software/UI development
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* Experience with responsive and mobile applications desired
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.