Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.
Job Description and Specific Responsibilities:
Zymergen is hiring for an IT Support Specialist that will be primarily responsible for supporting the office technology environment, including the support of Windows-based laptops and their users as well as general office IT equipment and hardware (Wi-Fi, printers, Zoom Rooms, etc.). This includes backend support of this Windows-based user environment, including working with Windows Active Directory and ensuring features like antivirus and security updates are applied across the environment. Other related duties include responding and documenting help tickets, setting customer expectations, completing project related assignments, creating needed documentation, and providing scheduled on-call support.
Secondarily, the IT helpdesk specialist will assist other departments with various technical projects and initiatives including system installations and migrations, preparing for and supporting technical training events, setup and support of video conferencing, and other miscellaneous projects. Travel between nearby offices and some on-call support will be necessary.
We favor candidates with the following credentials:
* B.S.or an A.A.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology
* 3-5 years of related working experience
* Solid customer service-orientation and communication skills
* Ability to collaborate and work with others
* Windows/Mac laptop support experience with office users: Windows 7 and 10, iOS, MS Office, etc.
* Experience creating knowledge-base FAQ and How-To documentation
* Experience with G Suite a big plus, including email and calendaring
* Provide support for the various cloud services used in the corporate environment
* Experience performing general office LAN & hardware (e.g., printer, Wi-Fi) support
* Ability to help manage/support a Windows Active Directory environment
* Have a "knack" for technology; able to figure out systems and learn on the go
* Appreciation for office information security and ability to implement policy
* Preferred additional capabilities:
* Experience with Zoom, supporting end-users and Zoom Rooms
* Experienced with SSO products such as OneLogin, Okta
* Previous experience using ServiceNow ticketing system, related development skills are a big plus
* Experience with Version Control Systems (e.g. Git, SVN, Perforce, Bitbucket)
* Willing to automate processes using scripting frameworks such as Windows PowerShell
* Ubuntu LTS Linux support experience for servers and laptops for Software Engineers
Previous experience in a Life Sciences company or setting is not essential.
About Zymergen, Inc.
Zymergen researches, develops and manufactures microbes.