At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We're in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
IT Support Engineer to support Segments global presence, this position will be out of Segment New York office. The Segment IT team is growing to support growth throughout the company. Segment's IT team is all about focusing on employee productivity, and achieving operational excellence.
Who we are looking for:
* You enjoy solving difficult problems and partnering with teammates to solve them.
* You're excited when things can be automated.
* You thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment.
* You're focused, driven and can get projects across the finish line.
* You possess excellent communication skills while having a breadth of knowledge regarding IT software (SaaS), hardware and networking.
* You have experience with bash scripting/Python.
* You have have knowledge of basic networking principles.
Projects We're Working On:
* We'e partnering with the Corporate Infrastructure Security team to deploy a Global Mobile Device Management solution.
* We're partnering with Corporate Infrastructure Security to build our Zero-Trust model that supports a very mobile and global workforce.
* We're finding ways to automate and streamline our day-to-day processes to create more time to work on challenging projects.
What you'll do:
* Be responsible for excellent, day-to-day onsite IT support at our New York office.
* Ensure that new employees have their machines ready to go; troubleshoot software and hardware issues on Macs, Windows and Linux machines.
* Be the model for professional customer service with our internal Segment teammates in all interactions; be the reason why IT has a good reputation at Segment.
* Mentor other IT support team members.
* Ensure proper support for business meetings, including A/V needs and conference room equipment.
* Manage our VoIP solution (Dialpad, RingCentral) and automate provisioning.
* Oversee the roll out of new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches to machines, and resolve software and hardware related problems.
* Provide support for the following list of technologies and systems: Google Apps (GSuite), Dialpad, Zoom, Slack, Okta, mobile devices, WiFi, etc.
* Provide Network troubleshooting/support to end users.
* Be a point of contact for employee questions including troubleshooting connectivity issues and changes to system permissions.
* Work cross-functionally with other Segment teams and offices.
* Partner with the Segment Security team enforcing security standards across all devices (Laptops: Firewall, full-disk encryption, screen lock. Network: Firewalls, Patching, 2FA, VPN)
* Work within our Service Desk ticketing system and ensure all of your tickets are responded to and updated per processes.
* Partner with IT Support team manager to ensure all SLA's are met in a consistent manner.
* You have 3-5 years previous IT support experience
* Strong knowledge of cloud based applications: (add apps)
* Hands on experience and extensive knowledge of macOS and Windows environments
* Proficiency with Zoom Meetings, Dropbox, and Slack or similar applications
* Experience with Jira Service Desk or similar service desk ticketing system
* MDM deployment and troubleshooting experience: JAMF Pro (Casper Suite), Fleetsmith
* Experience with access/identity management (Okta, OneLogin, AD)
* Experience with Cisco Meraki networking
* Willingness to travel to other Segment offices when needed
* Bachelor's degree in STEM or a related field
* Understanding of the OSI model
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Segment is a company that develops a platform for collecting customer data.