"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is seeking a IT Security Tester/Engineer in our Arlington, Virginia office. Duties will include:
* The Engineer will perform security assessments to ensure compliance with the NIST 800-53a and agency specific requirements.
* The position will also require the ability to technically assess both application and general support system security configurations and implementation.
* The Engineer will be conducting physical and logical hands-on technical security evaluations of controls in place.
* The Engineer will be required to interface with federal employees and contractors in order to perform security assessment activities as well as the presentation of vulnerabilities to the client.
* The Engineer will be required to review security related documentation (System Security Plans, Configuration Management Plans, etc.).
* The Engineer will be responsible for overseeing and managing security control assessments from beginning to end.
* Minimum Qualifications:
* BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five (5) years to eight (8) years of progressive, relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
* 6 years of IT experience
* 4 years of experience performing system testing (security or functional)
* 4 years using NIST 800-53/800-53A
* 4 years of IT experience
* 3 years of Federal C&A experience
* 5 years of professional experience with 3 or more years of related work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
* Professional Security Certification (CAP, CASP, CISSP, etc.)
* 1 years of systems administration (Windows or Linux/Unix)
* 1 years of experience creating or maintaining security related documentation
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.