"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
We deliver an integrated approach to IT network engineering design and network management, as well as full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement support, and software/hardware vendor management. Our network engineers, controllers, and technicians are trained in multiple disciplines to successfully maintain legacy systems as well as insert the latest technologies for voice, data, and video networks in fast-paced, mission-critical environments. Our cybersecurity experts conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks, and our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients. Our software engineers are writing and tailoring code to solve hard problems across Federal Agencies, and our Data Scientists and Analysts are helping thwart illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
We are thriving - growing by nearly 100% in the last two years - and need your talent and motivation to help continue propelling us farther, faster."
Jacobs is seeking a Full Stack Developer in Washington D.C. Duties will include:
* Employ software development techniques and methodologies for solving tough analytical challenges in support of one of our nation's premier law enforcement entities
* Use software development skills to automate manual analytical processes
* Opportunity to expand upon beyond specializations to include both front end user interfaces as well as back end services;
* Provide technical expertise to support migration of applications and data sets to the cloud
* Deploy developed IT solutions, user applications, databases and other IT capabilities
* Design and develop specialized user solutions, applications and databases using a hybrid Agile approach within a DevOps environment
* Provide Tier 3 technical support for deployed applications and databases
* Ensure design consistency with open development standards and guidelines
* Work with business analysts, user experience developers, and project management to estimate and provide updates on tasks.
* Maintain code integrity and organization
* Collaborate with the rest of engineering team to design and launch new features
* Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
* BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and fourteen (14) years of progressive, relevant experience, or a MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and seven (7) to nine (9) years of progressive experience.
* High experience level with back-end programming languages (Java, Spring, C#)
* Prior experience with the following technologies: Elasticsearch , Webservices, Microservices,
* Working knowledge with Datastores - MongoDB, HDFS, S3, MSSQL, Accumulo
* Familiar with technologies jQuery, ASP/.Net, NoSQL, PL/SQL, LDAP, HTTP, REST/SOAP, RDBMS
* Familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Hadoop Big Data and cross domain data services
* Working knowledge with IDE's - Eclipse, Netbeans, Visual Studio
* Familiar with Configuration Management and CI Tools - Maven, Jenkins, Ansible
* Working knowledge with public keys and digital certificates
* Familiar with Linux/Unix server environments
* Source control with Git/GitLab, TFS/Visual Studio
* Experience with Agile development methodology
* Keen interest in learning and using the latest software tools, methods, and technologies to solve real world problem sets vital to national security
* Understanding of cloud concepts and enabling tools and technologies (AWS/C2S, MS Azure, Informatica, VMWare etc.)
* Experience with automated testing patterns and tools
* Preferred Qualifications:
* Direct Experience with DHS and Intelligence Community (IC) component's data architectures and environments
* One or more of the following certifications: DoD 8570 IAT Level II, ITIL, AWS Associate or Professional Solution Architect
* Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Experience with DevOps environments
* Expertise in various COTS, GOTS, and open source tools which support development of data integration and visualization applications
* Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications
* Specialization in Object Oriented Programming languages, scripting, and databases
* Familiar with Python, Groovy, Shell Script
Working at a computer or desk (Considerations: Sitting, Eyes, Hands). May involve long periods of sitting.
An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations). Needs to be able to work well with and support co-workers and clients. Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation.
Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Regular attendance is necessary and required.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate, verbal and written, effectively. Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management and employees. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others. Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment. Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace. Completion of required certifications required within six (6) months of hire date. Must be a US Citizen.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.