Symplicity is a U.S. technology company building the world's leading student success software. With two decades of experience in the Education Technology space, we are deployed at more than 1,000 universities worldwide. We are incredibly proud to have helped more than 26 million students realize their dreams.
At Symplicity, we develop and maintain a suite of Software-as-a-Service products hosted in the AWS Cloud.
We're seeking an IT Security Engineer to join our SE team responsible for keeping our systems and data secure. This is a hands-on position responsible for conducting security scans and remediations, detecting and responding to security events, performing compliance activities, keeping documentation up-to-date, and in general developing solutions to improve the security of our systems.
* Participate in our efforts towards periodic/frequent security scanning (including vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits) and timely remediation of vulnerabilities).
* Monitor our systems for security events and investigate/respond as appropriate.
* Participate in the attainment/maintenance of all security-related certifications, such as ISO 27001 and FedRAMP.
* Participate in the creation and maintenance of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) under the direction of the Director of Engineering.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or an Engineering related field, or equivalent experience.
* Relevant Security certification(s) such as: CISSP, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Security, and CCNP: Security.
* Minimum 5 years' experience working in an IT Security capacity.
* Experience with monitoring for security events, evaluating and responding where appropriate.
* Working knowledge of vulnerability scanning tools and techniques, and experience with a wide variety of vulnerability remediations, especially in a public cloud hosted environment.
* Strong understanding of Linux operating systems.
* Diligence in producing and maintaining documentation and evidence, especially for compliance activities.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Experience with the AWS Cloud, specifically network configuration, security groups, IAM, etc.
* Having participated in the successful attainment in ISO 27001 certification, preferably at a Software-as-a-Service product company.
* Having participated in the successful attainment of FedRAMP certification at your company.
Symplicity is proud to be an equal and diverse Employer. EEO/AAP/M/F/Disabled/Veteran.
Symplicity Corporation is a developer of SaaS-based software that enables institutions to streamline processes, improve outcomes and build relationships with their students and customers.