What you'll be doing...
Verizon is seeking an experienced IT project manager to drive a set of Network Systems deliverables to bring efficiency to the network teams, improve customer experience and/or grow revenue. This role will be responsible for coordinating priorities, organizing delivery, removing impediments and fostering a productive environment for high-performing teams to drive continuous flow and relentless improvement. This role will get exposure to and eventually be part of a SAFE agile team framework.
* Partner with the business and solution/portfolio architect to prioritize business requests and drive end-to-end solutions.
* Partner with development teams to prioritize, schedule and implement programs.
* Responsible for Agile ceremonies and processes: work decomposition into epics/features/user stories, backlog grooming, review meetings, project retrospectives and burndown/velocity measurements.
* Coordinate, organize and monitor cross-organizational projects and activities
* Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
* Apply change, risk and resource management
* Assume responsibility for the program's people and vendors
* Assess program performance and benefits attained with the goal to maximize ROI.
* Be the problem solver for your projects, bringing together the right parties for issue resolution.
* Provide project status, prepare reports, and create executive communication material for leadership.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience developing and maintaining project plans.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Three or more 3 yrs years of experience as a Program/Project Manager.
* Knowledge of project management techniques and methodologies, including Agile (Scrum, SaFE) and Waterfall.
* Experience with Jira, Confluence, Agile Central and Microsoft Project, plus standard MS Office & Google Office products.
* Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles.
* Leadership, communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to manage and execute competing tasks and multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to work independently but ability to communicate status and achieve results.
* Ability to be a strong driver and communicate and coordinate with all sorts of personalities.
* Telecom experience and knowledge of network technologies.
* Experience in servant leadership, meeting facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowering others, and increasing transparency of a team.
* Willingness to travel up to approximately 25 % of the time.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.