What you'll be doing...
You'll join our Global Technology Solutions team, where you will be responsible for performing high-level activities (e.g. client requirements collection/analysis, systems design, etc.) related to all phases of the systems life cycle. You'll provide technical leadership and/or business-related subject matter expertise, and will be evaluating and developing reliable and efficient automated solutions to fulfill complex business requirements.
* Regularly lead other team members in selected project activities, and provide direction to staff members and peers.
* Collect client requirements, perform analysis, write program specifications and develop designs.
* Produce high quality deliverables in a timely fashion.
* Perform technical evaluation of products.
* Occasionally develop systems-related standards and procedures.
* Lead a single Scrum team focused on delivery and execution.
* Coordinate the work across the business analysts, developers and testers, as well as work collaboratively with our business and technology departments across the company.
* Perform program management activities such as planning, sizing, staffing, scheduling as well as implementation activities.
* Analyze and proactively manage problems and make decisions that impact overall system(s) and project(s) while acting independently.
* Proactively identify and monitor risks and determine mitigation plans for IT.
* Evaluate, develop and implement sound systems solutions to effectively fulfill business requirements.
* Ensure systems implementations occur in accordance with established Change Control procedures.
* Provide quality customer service.
* Proactively communicate status reports, issues, and risks to manager.
* Frequently communicate with Director, VP, and senior level management, including authoring milestone notification materials for COO, CIO, CFO and area presidents.
* Successfully complete all relevant technical and professional training programs in accordance with performance.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Project management experience.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, Marketing, or Business Administration.
* Technical project experience on enterprise impacting projects.
* Experience applying agile project methodology concepts.
* Strong decision-making and leadership abilities.
* Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities.
* Ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously.
* Knowledge of wireless telecom business practices, including accounting, finance, revenue assurance, taxation, billing, customer care, legal, device management and network operations.
* PMP certification.
* Excellent technical (e.g., systems design) and/or analytical skills.
* Ability to work in PC, including desktop applications competency (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Google tools like Sheets, Docs and Slides, etc.).
* Excellent business knowledge and interpersonal skills.
* SCRUM Master Certification.
* Working knowledge of JIRA and Clarity.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.