IT Helpdesk Support Technician
With general supervision and some review of work in progress, this position provides all-encompassing front line support and technical assistance directly to WageWorks employees who are using software, hardware, or other computer systems in a 24x7 environment. This role helps complete tasks or troubleshoot problems through diagnostic tests and remote access to employees' computers.
REPORTING STRUCTURE & WORK SETTING
This position may perform work at a corporate or field location. This position will report directly to the Helpdesk supervisor for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES
NOTE: The essential duties and primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed below. Specific tasks, responsibilities or competencies may be documented in the incumbent's performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent's immediate supervisor or manager.
Primary responsibilities of this position include the following but are not limited to:
1. Ability to troubleshoot front line support for the WageWorks Helpdesk to their customers including phone calls, tickets, emails and other forms of communication supporting a 24x7 environment.
2. Troubleshooting hardware and software issues of a variety of different applications/hardware problems providing break/fix support.
3. Creating, maintaining and uploading new documentation as processes are created and evolve.
4. Diligently being in contact with the Helpdesk supervisor and other Helpdesk team members for cross training, issue resolution and overall building of knowledge of the company and the company's policies and procedures.
5. Training users to utilize their applications and resources to provide a better customer service experience.
6. Installing hardware/software peripherals.
7. Providing end to end support for our users in a timely fashion according to department SLA's while maintaining an all-around excellent customer service experience.
8. Tracking incident management to provide accurate reporting for senior staff.
MARGINAL DUTIES & ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
1. Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the six Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
CARING People are the heart of our company. We care about people: our Clients, our Client's employees and their families, our partners, and local communities, and our fellow employees at WageWorks.
CUSTOMER-CENTRIC Our Customer comes first. We aim to serve our Clients and their employees, our brokers and partners, as well as our internal customers.
PASSIONATE We love what we do and are passionate about delivering Consumer-Directed Benefits that save people money and enrich their lives.
ACCOUNTABLE We are dedicated to making our team and the company succeed, and we are open, honest, ethical, and conscientious, as we deliver on our commitments.
LEADING Our actions inspire new ideas and drive change each and every day.
RESPECTFUL We value the diversity of our people, treat them with dignity and respect, encourage their development and reward their performance.
NOTE: WageWorks leadership will strive to uphold the mission, vision, and values of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered and results oriented manner with a focus on customer service.
No formal supervisory responsibility entailed, although this position may serve as a resource for other employees.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of Office 365 and encompassing applications is preferred. Completion of a High School Diploma or general equivalence degree is required.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 2 years' experience in the computer industry field or equivalent experience is needed.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Must be well spoken and able to empathize with customers while maintaining WageWorks outlined procedures and policies in a professional manner. Ability to effectively communicate between coworkers, customers, vendors and internal employees is required. Strong customer service skills are required. Organizational skills including the ability maintain records and critical information from multiple sources is required. Must be able to follow directions and procedures from management and be personally responsible for certain assigned tasks. Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing demands of business is a must.
Experience should also include:
1. Microsoft Windows operating system knowledge including file structure, permissions and networking of a variety of different OS versions including Server 2003/ 2012/ 2012 r2/ 2016/ Windows 7/ Windows 10
2. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows components including MS Outlook, Skype, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
3. Some knowledge of hardware/software applications such as Symantec Antivirus, Cisco, Active Directory, Network Connectivity and troubleshooting, Microsoft Exchange, Java, Lenovo laptops and associated peripherals
4. TCP/IP communications and basic skills of networking protocols
5. PowerShell scripting knowledge and experience is a plus
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS
Infrequent travel may be needed although not typically needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS & DEMANDS
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & DEMANDS
Work requires normal range of hearing and eyesight. Incumbent must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment and operate a keyboard and other office equipment. The ability to perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day and function in an environment with frequent interruptions is required. Incumbents are subject to sitting for prolonged periods. Incumbent must have the ability to stand, stoop, bend and reach to perform work on desktop applications as described. be able to lift and move material weighing up to 20 lbs. Incumbent may experience elevated levels of stress during periods of increased activity and with work entailing multiple deadlines. The nature of this job requires considerable walking as well as exposure to electricity and electronic equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.
WageWorks provides consumer-directed benefits for pretax commuter and health accounts.