IT Executive Support Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
Twitter IT is looking for an IT Executive Support Engineer who is passionate about providing an amazing customer experience, while delivering outstanding technical support to our Cxx level and executive teams. We work cross functionally with our partners in IT Systems, Engineering Operations, Security, and other teams to coordinate work, handle ticket escalations and resolve issues. We on-board new employees, provision new hardware, and support and adhere to security standards for all Twitter employees. Ultimately we are responsible for supporting Twitter employees around the world, in over 40 offices in 19 different countries.
What You'll Do:
You will be a customer service and support evangelist delivering exceptional support to our our Cxx level leaders and their support staff. The primary focus of this high profile role is to ensure that the technology needs of our Executive team are being addressed proactively. When you are not doing this, you will assist at our helpdesk with in person support for employees.
This role also involves scheduled on-call coverage, after hours support, and periodic off-site services for business partners at the executive level, including meetings, conferences, and events.
You will do the following:
* Provide extraordinary IT support to customers at the Cxx level, and ensure an overall high level of customer satisfaction.
* Ensure service levels for customers are met, and exceeded - find opportunities for improvements and implement these as needed.
* Support endpoint security standards (antivirus/firewall/patching/two-factor authentication)
* In partnership with other Twitter team members, lead the testing, configuration, installation and repair of IT related equipment (hardware and software) used by the executive team.
* Implement global support processes and provide visibility and escalation paths for regional IT teams
* Provide support and training for the most common problems through hands-on engagement with Twitter executives and staff.
* Work with the executive team to perform computer upgrades and migrations
* Document and define executive support best practices
* Own and drive IT projects and deliverables for the team
* Assist with end user support at the helpdesk and act as an escalation path for our support technicians
Who You Are:
* You are awesome at providing technical support, and love solving problems
* You have a high level of integrity and passion about customer service
* You can set proper expectations around support and deliverables, and you are sure to follow through with commitments
* You excel at clearly documenting the status of cases and providing updates to management, the team, and end users
* You are always learning and expanding your technical expertise in IT supported technologies
* You love the details, including maintaining and updating IT documentation and procedures
* You love standards and understand that consistency and an adherence to best practices helps any organization scale
* You are deadline oriented, and can appropriately prioritize support requests and tasks. You love building relationships, both with customers/business partners, and IT team members alike, and you understand how to tailor your approach to support to your audience
* You are passionate about IT end user support and have an excellent background in Mac software and hardware troubleshooting
* You understand that the timeliness and availability of support can sometimes make all the difference in how it is received
* 3-4 years experience in IT Support in a professional environment
* Strong experience in providing 1st/2nd line IT support
* Experience driving support ticket management and tracking
* Strong customer service, problem solving and teamwork abilities
* Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience communicating with vendors to manage expectations and relationships
* Extensive technical knowledge of Mac OS 10.12.x, 10.13x, iOS and Android
* Basic knowledge of Windows 10
* Network fundamentals and support experience (network configs, VPN, printing, etc)
* Experience supporting Shoretel or other VOIP systems
* Expert in GSuite support and administration (Gmail, GCal, Groups, GDocs)
* Expert in audio/video troubleshooting and support
* Ability to participate in an on-call rotation that includes after hours and weekend support
* Strong Video Conference and presentation support skills, preferably with Blue Jeans and Hangouts.
* Some regional travel to support staff and events
* Previously part of an IT executive support team
* Mac, Linux, MCSE or network certifications
* LDAP and Active Directory experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twitter is a social networking platform.