Aon Is Looking for a IT Development Manager
The world's most awarded talent assessment business practice is seeking a IT Development Manager to drive the success of the core US Assessment Platform. As a senior technologist you will be able to manage a global development team as well as drive significant product expansions to support new and existing clients. This is a hands-on development role with exposure to the business as well as to clients.
As a IT Development Manager, you understand building mission critical enterprise web applications and have hands on experience across the full stack. You've developed applications within a large enterprise environment and understand the quality requirements for enterprise and client facing packages.
* Lead a focused onshore and offshore web and mobile teams to deliver key capabilities on global Assessment platform.
* Oversee delivery of strategic enhancements and fixes by partner app development consultancy and ensure smooth and expedient transition of development and knowledge to internal team.
* Oversee growth and mentorship of onshore team and support offshore development teams
* Define and advise on the on-going architecture of the Assessment consulting portfolio solutions and the technologies used.
* Ensure with the program team that the technical solution delivers business value.
* Communication with technical and business staff in technical and plain English language.
* Development of business requirements in collaboration with business analysts.
* Extensively work with AD/AM vendor to effectuate delivery
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Required Skills and Experience
* 10 or more years of solid development experience in a team environment with enterprise projects from inception through to delivery.
* Ability to form meaningful relationships with business stake holders
* Strong ability to manage and drive results of mixed Aon/Vendor team, with strong offshore component
* Logical and physical database design.
* 8 or more years of SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 RDBMS database development including T-SQL programming.
* SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports.
* Demonstrated complex problem-solving skills.
* Thinking strategically from client's perspective to design and deploy effective solutions.
* Advocate for and experience with agile development.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
* Experience with C# .NET.
* Experience of C# .NET programming within SQL Server Analysis services.
* Other leading non-Microsoft DB, BI, ETL & Performance Management technologies
Location: Development will be done in the Manhattan office - on site full time.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2456859
Location: United States, NY, New York
Aon provides professional services, including a range of risk, retirement, and health solutions.