Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
* Responsible for planning and implementing risk management strategies, processes and programs. Manages resolution of incidents / problems throughout the information system lifecycle, including classification, prioritization and initiation of action, documentation of root causes and implementation of remedies. Development and execution of information risk controls and management strategies. Procures and governs information risk management services and consultants.
Role - Manager II - Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Conduent is a business services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data. We are seeking an ISSO who has experience managing the security posture of information systems environment. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the business services market. The ISSO is responsible for the security posture of a solution offered by Conduent Business Unit environment throughout the lifecycle of the project. The candidate will work closely with project managers, technical engineers, and Agency security personnel to identify and address the information system environments within the respective business units. They will be responsible for routinely assessing the environment. The candidate will also interface with the technical engineering team to provide security related guidance to the system.
* The Information System Security Officer provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave's information assurance program.
* Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
* Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed. Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system.
* Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information as required by the corporate and client.
* Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation. Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware. Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
* Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Assessment & Authorization (A&A) packages, and System Controls Traceability Matrices (SCTMs). Supports security authorization activities in compliance with the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) and any clients tailored requirements
Key tasks include:
* Serve as the Approval Authority to validate or approve user authorization for accounts associated with systems under their control, Understand the authorization boundary of systems
* Collaboration with System and Network administrators to understand and document data flow and architecture diagrams.
* Knowledge of security controls, the assessment and applicability to systems, Maintain operational baseline of systems under their purview
* Provide ongoing Continuous Monitoring to assigned systems, Provide and validate the operational security posture of systems and ensure they are maintained
* Ability to initiate the re-authorization process of a system that needs re-accreditation, Ability to decommission a system when it is no longer required
* Manage risks while assigned system is in operation, Ability to understand the POA&M process as well as track and closeout any outstanding liens
* Perform, coordinate and document security relevant changes, perform vulnerability assessments to ensure updates and system baseline are enforced
* Recognize a possible security violation and take appropriate action to report the incident, manage protective or corrective measure when an incident or vulnerability is discovered
* CIPP, CRISC, CISA, CISSP, or CISM certification is Required.
* Minimum of 8 Plus (8 ) experience in IT Security, HIPAA/NIST/PCI/ SSAE 16/ISO Security or Security Auditing is required.
* Four (4) year degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or equivalent field is preferred.
* Experience with NIST 800-series, ISO 27000-series, PCI DSS, HIPAA Security and Privacy rule, HITEC and other common security control frameworks.
* Knowledge and understanding of security controls across all security domains, such as access management, encryption, vulnerability management, authentication, authorization, network security, physical security, etc.
* Ability to identify security risks in application, system, and network architecture, data flow, and processes or procedures
* Experience with developing security reports, recommendations, policies and procedures that are meaningful, defensible, and actionable for a variety of audiences.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology preferred
Years of Experience Requirement
* 12 years of experience desired (4 years of relevant work experience may be substituted for B.S)
* Security certification or equivalent is required, Industry certifications, such as CISSP, CISA, CISM are preferred
* Chicago, IL
* Must have or should be able to obtain Security Clearance
* Flexible to Travel - Minimum 10 % - Maximum 50% - as needed with in United States
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. '1962461
Conduent is a provider of diversified business process services with capabilities in digital processing, automation, and analytics.