Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
* Responsible for the database control and/or end user support of IT systems and their users. Provides support and technical services aimed at managing databases and/or systems as well database utilities. Provides desk top support for the technical infrastructure of the company. Resolves first level systems failures. Ensures close customer liaison both internally and externally with managed vendors. Provides first level technical or database problem resolution to customers/end users in a technical help desk function. Escalates complex technical/database problems to field staff and technical specialists as appropriate.
* Entry Level with little or no prior work experience
* Acquires basic skills to perform routine tasks
* Work is routine and requires minimal problem resolution
* Completes work with limited autonomy
* Works with either close supervision or under clearly defined procedures
* Computer Operations:
* Sets up, coordinates and monitors the operation of electronic computer equipment, such as printers, tape and disk drives
* Selects and loads input and output, observes operation of equipment, control panels, error lights, verification printouts, error messages and faulty output
* Researches error messages and may manipulate console to properly sequence job steps after a job is interrupted
* Ensures all necessary data files are accounted for and available in order to initiate each processing task
* Monitors database systems in accordance with a schedule of operations
* Identifies hardware and software malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective action as necessary to resolve operating problems
* Maintains scheduled reports of operations activities including trouble reports, logs, etc.
* Maintains inventory of expendable supplies and may restock paper, printer ribbons, etc.
* Production Control:
* Determines computing resource requirements, such as computer time, memory, and priority considerations
* Schedules and monitors ad hoc and production jobs
* Ensures jobs and activities are completed accurately and on-time
* Analyzes internal user procedures, process workflow, and deadlines
* Verifies record count (input and output) for accuracy, microfiche requirements, etc.
* Evaluates processing workload and schedules jobs using job-scheduling software
* Troubleshoots processing problems and resubmits jobs as necessary and/or escalates the problem
* Ensures availability of hardware and associated equipment
* Performs various operations and library functions, such as back-up and error recovery, data/document control and report output distribution
* Maintains associated production reports and logs
* Ensures that appropriate billing records are generated for each job
* All other duties as assigned
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
Conduent is a provider of diversified business process services with capabilities in digital processing, automation, and analytics.