What you'll be doing...
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the GTS Team. This candidate will join the GTS Governance and Transformation organization to drive efficiencies, speed and innovation. This role will be critical for optimizing Verizon's technology assets to ensure maximum utilization of infrastructure and technology resources. Additionally, maximize our investments in hardware and software by providing governance and oversight as well as identify major savings opportunities. Furthermore drive alignment across Global Technology Solutions (GTS), FP&A, Sourcing, Vendor Management and ZBB to execute on initiatives to meet our $100M+ in savings.
* Provide governance over all GTS hardware and software infrastructure acquisitions, driving synergies transforming Verizon's infrastructure to a more efficient model.
* Review the technical direction of hardware and software purchases, assessing financials and compliance with the company's strategic direction to ensure the solution is both technologically and financially optimal.
* Provide recommendations on alternate solutions.
* Lead, manage and drive savings initiatives across the enterprise, including identifying the correct stakeholders and securing alignment across groups, identifying dependencies and driving issues resolution, and ensuring timely completion.
* Present analysis and recommendation on investments and strategies, including to senior audiences.
* Engage in technical discussions on system and technology roadmaps, including driving decisions on product and tools to rationalize our technical landscape as well as defining standards/specifications.
* Continually assess our acquisition processes to ensure proper governance, while providing agility to support critical and innovative project delivery.
* Ensure effective stakeholder engagement and communications.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
* A Bachelor's/ Master's degree in computer science or related discipline.
* Project Management experience.
* Ability to work across all levels of management and demonstrate independent thinking.
* Understanding of Business Analysis and understanding of gathering technical requirements.
* Oral, writing and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate across multiple audiences, including executive level presentations.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and a knowledge with Google Suite.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and experience managing stakeholder, including the ability to influence decisions.
* Technical, analytical, and problem solving skills to resolve complex issues, including the ability to analyze the situations and develop alternative approaches to address issues; recommend solutions and lead the implementation of management decisions.
* Organizational skills, including the ability to handle competing priorities.
* Experience to make critical decisions with minimal supervision.
* Be a strong team player and detailed oriented, resourceful, motivated and creative.
* Provide timely and accurate status updates on deliverables.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.