Raytheon Company has an immediate need for an Information Review and Release Analyst working a flexible schedule of 24-32 hours per week on the KODIAK Program, located in the Herndon, VA area. This position requires for the individual to oversee the process of document declassification related to litigation cases, such as civil or criminal cases. Must be detail oriented to record the chronological order of events from beginning to end process. These cases are sensitive in nature and must be handle with strict confidence. The candidate will use the criteria of Executive Order (EO) 13526, or as amended, the Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act laws. The right candidate will; organize documents in preparation for legal counsel to review must be properly recorded with accuracy, act as a liaison for Other Government Agency (OGA) involved in the process, conduct desktop research analyze results to determine the relevance of a new search or see whether the requested records have been previously declassified and/or released. The individual will provide the rationale for redaction actions on the electronic version of the documents using codes provided in the Sponsor's declassification guidance; provide recommendations regarding the release of the documents for Sponsor approval; and record decisions in the Sponsor's automated systems. The individual will determine if a record contains Other Government Agency (OGA) equities and requires external referral or if the record requires non-routine handling. In addition this position will manage the referral process, organize documents in preparation for declassification review and correctly assign these items to the proper equity holder. They will also be responsible for researching previous declassification/release decisions as necessary to ensure accuracy and consistency and provide feedback to the Sponsor.
Must have a TS/SCI security clearance with Full Scope Poly on day one of employment and must be crossover eligible.
* Strong analytical, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
* Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as experience working in a team environment
* Knowledge of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Privacy Act (PA), and Executive Order Mandatory Declassification Review (EOMDR) programs and Executive Order (EO) 13526 directive; strong knowledge of the intelligence community with analytical skills background
* Knowledge of legal terminology, such as in the area of police enforcement, security or court systems
* Strong work ethic
* Organizational and time management skills
* Strong proficiency in on-line tools such as Word, Excel, and Access, and other required systems to be able to perform the requirements
* Strong multitasking ability, adaptable, and flexible skills
* Knowledge of sponsor culture and requirements
* A bachelor degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience specific to the skills must be reflected.
* A paralegal background is strongly desired.
* Candidate resumes must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position mentioned above and with the Sponsor.
137076BR 137076 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Research & Development
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.