The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capableSpace Systems Software Architect to support its Space Systems business.
Some of the main deliverables include:
* Analyzing requirements or proposal statement of work, applying knowledge of the elements necessary for Software systems for Space products, and coming up with an overall Software architecture.
* Overseeing and providing technical guidance in the development of use cases and CONOPS for the software designs. These designs for embedded software systems can include applications, board support package and low level libraries.
* Understanding and employing Raytheon software development processes during each phase of the software development cycle.
* 10+ years' experience with real-time embedded software development
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree.
* Experience developing the requirements, architecture, and design for a System from the ground up.
* Familiarity with System modeling and the ability to describe the System using standard artifacts (e.g. DoDAF, SysML, UML).
* Experience creating UML artifacts to fully describe software architecture and design.
* Experience estimating and justifying size/cost/schedule of a software development effort.
* Familiar with software life cycle.
* US Citizenship.
* SCI with in-scope SSBI within 5 years OR Top Secret with in-scope SSBI investigated within 5 years.
* Master's or PhD in Computer Engineering, Math or other technical degree.
* Detailed background in developing Secure Operating Systems.
* Experience in BSP and embedded software development using VxWorks, Green Hills Integrity, or Linux.
* Competence in embedded software debugging and analysis tools (e.g. JTAG, GDB, etc.).
* Good understanding of different microprocessor architectures (e.g. PPC, x86, etc.).
* Expertise in low-level technical kernel/processor hardware.
* Experience developing and testing multi-core and real-time multi-threaded systems.
* Familiarity with I/O (SpW/I2C/SPI/SRIO/PCI/PCIe).
* Experience allocating requirements to SW vs. FPGAs
* Understanding of agile (and other) software methodologies.
* Experience with large scale sensor data processing/distributed parallel processing.
* Experience with space products and systems
* Familiarity with cloud technologies.
* Familiarity with cyber security or cryptography.
* Experience with customer interface.
* Ability to present to various levels of internal and external (customer) management.
143076BR 143076 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.