Emcore Corporation has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer with experience in NAVIGATION, FOG, GNSS, IMU/INS Algorithms on a full-time basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
* Responsible for Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and Inertial Navigation System (INS) algorithm design and development including performance assessments using theoretical and real world data.
* Responsible for design and development of real-time navigation algorithms, including AHRS, Kalman filter, least-square positioning, GNSS integration, to build an efficient, robust, and high performance INS/GPS/GNSS navigation algorithm which will be implemented in software.
* Responsible for interfacing with software engineers and translation of navigation algorithms into real time embedded code • Responsible for developing models of algorithms utilizing Matlab/Simulink and using these models to analyze and improve their performance
M.S (or above) in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
PhD in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
* Expert in the field of Navigation Algorithms (land, sea, air or space)
* Relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: inertial navigation, GPS navigation, vehicle trajectory modeling/simulation, estimation theory (e.g. Kalman Filtering), GNC (Guidance, Navigation & Control). • Demonstrated Ability to derive navigation equations of motion, error modeling, finite time implementation of such, and Monte Carlo Analysis
* Demonstrated Expert utilizing Matlab and Simulink required
* Implemented one or more navigation algorithms in a fielded product (e.g. aircraft, uav, missile, land navigator, targeting pod)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Rich experience in military IMU/INS/GNSS technical requirements.
* Extensive experience in development and debugging of navigation products.
* In-depth expertise in digital signal processing, tracking, and positioning algorithms.
* Proficiency in GNSS hardware and software indicators, GPS signal processing, and low-level debugging.
* Ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
* Aerospace industry experience
* Demonstrated experience using Mathworks Autocoding from Simulink in a fielded product
* Prior or current DOD Secret security clearance
* Due to the nature of the products, the candidate must be a U.S. person for ITAR and EAR purposes, i.e:
(i) a US Citizen or National of the United States; or (ii) be a lawful permanent resident (i.e., "Green Card holder") of the United States.
EMCORE Corporation and Systron Donner Inertial (SDI) are equal opportunity Employers (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EMCORE is a company providing advanced mixed-signal optics products.