This Systems Software Engineer will be responsible for software deployment on new SDI system products including commercial aviation products to high performance feature rich systems for military and aerospace programs. Primarily an embedded software role, with systems background and experience in both high-level software design and implementation. This exempt level position is in Concord, Ca., and reports to the Software Systems Engineering Manager.
* 5+ years in related field * Experience with ARM microprocessors, TI DSP processors * Experience with TI Code Composer Studio or ARM IAR IDE * Experience in using network analyzers, oscilloscopes and similar hardware integration tools * Experience in system-level algorithm development and implementation in software * Experience with digital signal processing and filter design to meet system-level requirements
Preferred Experience (not required)
* Experience with inertial sensors or sensor modeling * Experience with using Matlab or similar tool for design, analysis and testing of code * Experience with auto-code generation using Matlab * Experience in real time operating systems (RTOS) * Experience in software source control using TFS/SVN/GIT * Experience with the FAA certification process * Experience with software life cycle development processes such as CMMI and/or DO-178
* BS in Technical field (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering) MS degree preferred
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to convey complex ideas with clarity * Proven expert in C/C++ programming * Experience in digital communications (SPI, I2C, UART, IEEE, TCP/IP) * Experience implementing complex algorithms in software, i.e. digital filters, Kalman filters, controllers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
* Primary engineer responsible for writing and deploying embedded software for new product lines * Responsible for sustaining legacy code across existing product lines as needed * Generate Software Requirements from System Requirements * Analyze and evaluate software system designs * Generate design documentation and test documentation * Help design necessary software and hardware testing methods * Perform embedded processor software analysis and optimization
EMCORE is a company providing advanced mixed-signal optics products.