University of Southern California
As the city's largest private employer, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talent and skills across a variety of academic schools and units.
USC's Human Resources Division is seeking a Workday HRIS Analyst to support HCM modules and functionality.
The HRIS Analyst will participate in supporting and enhancing Workday HCM, including system maintenance, configuration, reporting, troubleshooting, and responding to university user requests and inquiries. The HRIS Analyst will identify and analyze new system opportunities, and recommend new features. The position is also responsible for assisting in the resolution of more complex and escalated requests and technical problems, ensuring that issues are resolved in a timely and effective manner. The position will collaborate closely with other team members, HR Division resources, end users, and stay informed of relevant trends and developments in the field to maintain up to date knowledge. Workday experience is highly preferred.
Additional Accountabilities Include:
* Handles, analyzes and evaluates various department and/or user requests and inquiries, and ensures processes are completed properly and in a timely manner.
* Performs mass data updates, exports, imports, and clean-ups using EIB. Researches and reports on data discrepancies, proposes solutions and resolves technical problems as needed.
* Participates in larger project activities as assigned.
* Assists in providing consultative services on best and most efficient ways to configure Workday modules and solve configuration problems.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
* Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years' of experience; 2 years' minimum.
* Experience working with human resources information systems including systems implementation and configuration.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of HRIS software and systems.
* Knowledge of database maintenance basic concepts, and demonstrated analytical, communication, organization, critical thinking, and customer service skills, with the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and demonstrate close attention to detail.
We pride ourselves on being a GREAT PLACE TO WORK, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families, including:
* Benefits: Health, dental, and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers, and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Please visit usc.edu for additional information.
* Perks: Discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
* Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles, offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Experience working with human resources information systems including systems implementation and configuration. Demonstrated working knowledge of HRIS software and systems. Knowledge of database maintenance basic concepts. Demonstrated analytical, communication, organization, critical thinking, and customer service skills. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Ability to demonstrate close attention to detail.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
About University of Southern California
University of Southern California is a research university.
University of Southern California