University of Southern California
High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Associate's Degree in a related field is preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of IT and 2 years' experience in Desktop and/or Service Desk Support Strongly preferred; Must demonstrate excellent customer service, written & verbal communication skills; triage, track & monitor ticket progress per required SLA & follow escalation procedures. Must demonstrate ability to learn quickly and adapt to new & changing environments along with the willingness to take on additional responsibilities; must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in a team setting as needed and follow-up towards the successful completion of assigned tasks. Duties include end user support, quickly analyze & diagnose application/system issues, creating & updating user accounts in Active Directory & other systems, performs software installs, PC maintenance and maintain communication for planned & unplanned outages.
Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.
The Service Desk Support Technician is responsible for supporting the end user community at the Keck Medicine of USC hospitals and clinic locations. This position will provide support for all users experiencing problems with the clinical application software suite, various operating systems, business productivity software, network and wifi connectivity and other computer related technology with the primary focus as follows:
* Act as a single point of contact for all IT related issues;
* Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal/external customers via the Cisco ACD Call system;
* Creating and updating tickets via Footprints ticketing system according to specified priority levels;
* Quickly analyze, diagnose and resolve user support issues;
* Adhere to proper call standards;
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Escalate priority and unresolved issues to leadership;
* Creating and updating user accounts via Active Directory;
* Install software via Active Directory or System Center Configuration Management (SCCM);
* Provide basic in-house training to Microsoft application suite;
* Provide remote support via GoToAssist, and SCCM;
* Setup and configuring email for multi-platform mobile devices;
* Responsible for sending all communications for planned/unplanned outages to the user community;
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
About University of Southern California
University of Southern California is a research university.
University of Southern California