HR Services is critical to the overall effectiveness of the HR experience across Microsoft. HR Services brings the HR support model and experience to the scale of the global Microsoft employee population by providing the platform for end-to-end operational services and employee experiences with responsibilities spanning employee self-service, assisted support, and employee relations. HR Services is responsible for the operational delivery across a broad range of employee life-cycle experiences such as onboarding, performance and development rewards, talent movement and offboarding. As the catalyst for HR digital transformation, HR Services is also leading the Human Capital Management solution strategy with the global launch of our new HR Core Solution. HR Services holds the key accountability for HR privacy, risk and compliance.
The Offboarding HR Service Architect is an integral member of the HR Services organization and plays a key role in the delivery of high-quality HR Programs to business leaders, managers and employees, as well as to the HR Community. This role will be responsible for working with CoE programs to develop, design, implement and ensure the management of complex HR programs and solutions to support a delightful experience as employees prepare to offboard and ultimately exit their careers at Microsoft. This will include working over a wide surface area, building partnerships across the organizations and driving impact through leveraging insights.
This role requires a problem-solving, programmatic approach with industry thought-leadership to drive consistency in processes & services aligned to Global/Functional/Local policies to exceed performance expectations. Translating programs into a delivery solution requires a mixture of scalable delivery management models working collaboratively across geographies, functions, and use of metrics and voice of the customer framework to identify trends and improvement opportunity areas. The Offboarding Architect will exhibit effective program management skills, communication skills to align the team around strategy and goals, an ability to develop and lead a cross-functional v-team, excellent stakeholder engagement skills, a high level of attention to detail, passion for continuous improvement, and will role-model our Microsoft values and behaviors.
* 7 to 10 years' experience in HR Shared Services and HR Operations Processes and/or as a HR Business Partner
* Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written) with an ability to listen & respond to customer queries
* Fluent English language skills
* Must have 5 years of project management experience. Must be proficient in leveraging standard project management methodology (e.g., PMBOK) to produce successful project outcomes. PMP Certification is a plus.
* Have proven experience in managing complex HR programs, being able to problem solve and think of scalable solutions
* Ability to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
* Prior experience utilizing business process optimization methodologies (six sigma/lean/Green Belt Certification) a plus
* Demonstrated excellence in strategic thought leadership, stakeholder management, customer service, change management and building productive partnerships at all levels within a matrix organization
* A grasp of HR/business process technologies used in optimization is consider an advantage
* Excellent organization and project management skills- this will require aggressive planning, organizing and coordinating, negotiating, establishing effective cross-team relationships, prioritization, and delivery against objectives
* E2E Hire to Retire process understanding, ability to develop and maintain E2E processes, Desk Top Procedure and Knowledge base
* Possess initiative & drive; with strong desire to continuously improve processes & deliver against agreed objectives/ service levels
* Must be curious and a solution seeker which may need to operate outside of own comfort area
* Multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment, completing work tasks with speed and accuracy in a detailed work environment
* Ability to make decisions that impact customer service levels with a sense of urgency
* Highly collaborative and networking
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Overall responsibility in partnership with CoE Programs to design the End-to-End HR Workflow, this includes development of policy, guidelines, the highest level of a flow description, tool and consultative capability assets
* Working in partnership with Engineering, program and teams across HR Services, be accountable for the development of a solution that is designed-for-service, and built with being able to scale in mind
* Accountable for the readiness of changes in services/new services into the HR Services E2E model - this includes ensuring that the employee support platform is ready, technology releases are aligned, and that Service Delivery is ready
* You will manage the relationship with the CoE Program and work on planning initiatives, prioritization and provide insights into the CoE around the performance of the program, opportunities to improve and the impact of the program
* You are accountable for looking at the impact on the delivery of services, to understand opportunities to streamline and act as a point of escalation between HR Services and Line Solutions to the program
* In partnership across all the architects, you will provide input into different HR Services and Line Solutions RoB to optimize planning and operational design
* In partnership with Service Managers in our delivery centers, you will facilitate a regular RoB to manage the defined scope of service delivery performance and capability
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining an employee-oriented culture within the virtual team that continuously strives to resolve customer needs on first point of contact and evangelize self-service offerings
* Responsible for preparing inputs and representing quarterly business result report meetings
* Ensures process and operating procedure documentation is always effective and in place and operational. Business continuity and disaster recovery plans are established and maintained
* Oversees adoption of service network KPIs and sets up Service Level Agreements with stakeholders where appropriate
* In partnership with the Business Excellence team continuously identify areas of process improvement and future investment to drive efficiency and improved employee experience (e.g. more relevant self-service content, streamlined processes, etc.); partner with time zone and global teams to implement changes and enhancements as appropriate
* Analyzes data, share and engage with stakeholders, prioritize and act on opportunities for improvement
* Where required, owns and drives the HR ROB for certain annual programs, with the support of the HR Services and Line Solutions teams
* Responsible for driving standardization and continuous improvement in area of responsibility.
* Accountable for Data Privacy and security
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.