Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations is the team behind the cloud. CO+I is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world's largest online services.
Within CO+I, the Datacenter Engineering (DCE) team is responsible for delivering core datacenter infrastructure for Microsoft's cloud business. The MS portfolio consists of complex, multi-disciplinary, large scale, multi-year datacenter construction and lease projects.
The Datacenter Engineering Group is in charge of engineering and design for all new datacenter builds and the technical compliance of leased capacity. This steam is responsible for delivering engineered solutions that align CO+I service level agreements (SLAs).
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or 4 years Engineering Experience.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in leasing / engineering / operation of hyperscale datacenters
* Minimum 5 years' experience with design, operation or maintenance of large scale and complex engineering systems (Datacenters, Micro Electronics are two examples of relevant industries)
* Understand fundamentals of datacenter technical elements and how they apply to a datacenter environment
* Knowledge of lease contracts and remedies
* Ability to present using the MS Office Suite; MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
* Ability to lead a team of engineers in advanced engineering and operational processes and procedures as they relate to large datacenter environments
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Key responsibilities: Candidate will manage the global program for DCE technical reviews, audits, and analysis of Microsoft's lease and colocation datacenters from external providers for compliance with Microsoft technical requirements. Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Be the single point of contact for global lease providers regarding Microsoft technical requirements and fit out designs
* Facilitate lease capacity needs by interfacing with the regional teams in support of this demand
* Be knowledgeable in datacenter design, operation and fit out
* Be the one voice for the Datacenter Engineering organization for internal customers and peers
* Understand and contribute continuous improvements to lease contracts and execution plans
* Develop and implement global strategic improvements within the DCE Lease portfolio
The position will require travel to sites for oversight of technical reviews, fit out design, interaction with Site Selection Managers and commissioning support. 25% travel is expected for this role.
Roles and Responsibilities: Partner with peer organizations in onboarding, evaluating and selecting appropriate lease suppliers in support of changing demand and in less than ideal conditions. Understand network growth strategies, site constraints, regional limitations and business plans. Be able to articulate technical issues, risks and proposed solutions in a concise manner for the consumption of non-technical audiences. Be the overall content owner of Microsoft's technical lease requirement documents and manage changes through a structured change control process. Be able to develop business process flows and training for the larger DCE organization.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.