What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD Research is an entrepreneurial research organization with a strong track record of driving research innovations into AMD products. We are a global leader in the development of the world's most advanced high performance exascale computers. We work closely with government and commercial customers along with internal teams and partners to develop hardware and software technologies into next generation computing platforms. As part of AMD Research, you will have a leadership role in a winning team to lead the development of best-in-class hardware and software technologies as we drive beyond exascale.
You cannot stop designing and building systems that execute at speeds that others think impossible. You continuously build systems that incorporate your ideas in tight collaboration with application developers, customers and other engineers. You delight in describing your team's novel solutions to academic and commercial audiences.
AMD Research is looking for a senior level researcher to drive our long-term vision in software platforms for heterogeneous compute environments. In this role, you will conceive, propose and deliver projects to advance AMD's products beyond the state of the art. You will be responsible for driving the development of your inventions into a distributed system that utilizes a variety of accelerator processors including, but not limited to GPUs, FPGAs and tightly coupled CPUs. You will work closely with teams in research, products and external customers to define architectures and system techniques that address tomorrow's needs today.
* Develop a unique research agenda centered on software systems for heterogeneous compute architectures.
* Conceive, propose and deliver projects that produce novel technologies.
* Drive the results of the research projects into product roadmaps.
* Propose and attract external funding for research projects in your field.
* Test and analyze innovations using datasets and execution patterns that match customer needs.
* Submit patentable innovations.
* Communicate research results to academic, product and commercial audiences.
* Champion an innovation culture that creates results and impacts product roadmaps.
* Recognized as an expert in one or more of the following fields
* Distributed programming models in high performance computing
* Virtual machine runtime environments
* Machine learning / Artificial Intelligence framework implementations
* Software security (OS-level and application-level security)
* Demonstrated track record of successful research that is both published academically and integrated into commercial products.
* Demonstrated track record of issued patents that are embodied in successful products.
* Experience leading technical teams
* Experience collaborating across a geographically distributed team (AMD Research has sites across North America)
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
* Programming Languages: C++, C and proficient in OOP design & development
* Track record of substantial research grants.
* Experience with High Performance Computing systems
* Multiple academic or corporate awards
* PhD degree or equivalent accomplishments in Computer Science, Electric/Computer Engineering or related field
This position can be located in Santa Clara, CA; Austin, TX; or Bellevue, WA.
Requisition Number: 74115
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.