What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD is pleased to open a new role for a Cloud Security Architect. This is a strategic, customer-facing position that will work with both management-level and development teams to develop cloud security strategy plans and roadmaps based on sound enterprise architecture practices.
In this technical lead role, you will design, document, and communicate the cloud security strategy across AMD globally, to ensure a consistent origination-level cloud security framework. You will use your strategic thinking and a demonstrated ability to provide and articulate architecture future visions. You'll also direct the overall cloud security strategy and partner with other areas of the organization to ensure consistency and help with adoption.
* Serve as a cloud security SME for AMD's cloud environments
* Evaluate public and private cloud services/technologies to meet business objectives
* Create security reference architectures and controls lists for our public, private, and hybrid cloud initiatives
* Analyze and design cloud application deployments and migration strategy and processes.
* Share cloud computing best practices and insights with other areas of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Solid experience (7+ years) with IT solution delivery, including serving as an architect / engineer working on design, implementation, and operations for distributed applications.
* Experience (3+ years) with the evaluation, planning and deployment of cloud-based enterprise security solutions to protect on-premises and cloud environments. Solutions include but not limited to cloud access security brokers (CASB), malware detection, identity and access management and device management.
* Experience with public, private, and hybrid Cloud services and the planning, development, migration, and integration of applications and services from on-premises infrastructure to Cloud-based Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) environments. Hands on experience with one or more cloud technology platforms (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
* Some understanding of Systems Engineering, Secure Systems Engineering, or DevSecOps
* Experience with the evaluation of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environments and the planning, development, migration and integration of applications and services into enterprise security service catalog.
* Understanding of NIST Cyber Security Framework standard and requirements and ability to apply them to the cloud environment.
* Experience with infrastructure operations and processes associated with IT service management in an Enterprise-level organization.
* BS/MS preferred but not required, with relevant experience and certifications (e.g. CISSP, CCSP)
Requisition Number: 70389
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Information Technology
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.