What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
As a Software Engineer in the Server Operating Systems team you must understand the x86-64 architecture and the operating system concepts designed for this architecture. A component of your job function will be to communicate core CPU and SOC features, and reference board functionality to our operating systems and virtualization partner technical teams. You must be familiar with the virtualization extensions of x86-64 and be able to support the enterprise virtualization solutions offered by our partner companies. You will guide them through the process of AMD hardware enablement for new generation CPUs. You will be responsible for providing responsive and effective solutions that bring new AMD processors to market with enterprise virtualization solutions. As a senior member of the team, you will also be responsible for code reviews, creating unit tests, authoring detailed documentation related to your work, and working with on-site and off-shore teams to deliver the software solutions on schedule. You will be involved in all phases of the software development including system requirement analysis and coordinating feature design and development with other departments.
* Advanced programming skills in C for operating system kernel & systems development
* Experience with the GNU toolchain
* Proficient use of git
* Experience building and submitting patches on a mailing list and in general collaborative open source development
* Excellent understanding of operating systems concepts, data structures, the x86-64 architecture, and virtualization
* Experience with low level debug tools as well as emulators and simulators
* Experience with open source software development
* Experience working with external software partners
* Experience running, analyzing, and tuning system performance benchmarks
* Strong analysis and problem solving skills
* Proven interpersonal skills, technical and team leadership and collaboration
* Excellent written communication skills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 1-3 years of work experience or MS with 0-1 years of experience
Requisition Number: 60462
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Software Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.