Work for an Industry Leader
Challenging Projects & Dynamic Work Environment
Extensive Training Program
Community Service Opportunities
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group's Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Award - Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year - 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal's Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times - Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for an entry level Helpdesk Technician in our Parsippany, NJ office. The successful candidate will provide a wide range of technical solutions by serving as the initial point of contact to our user community, gathering and analyzing information to resolve technical issues, and answering technical questions. This role will include installation operation, configuration, and customization of assigned products. Solutions will include, but are not limited to, uninstalling/installing software applications, resolving username and password issues, verifying proper hardware and software setup, and resolving network and peripheral connectivity issues.
* Initial point of contact for the helpdesk via telephone, e-mail, and live chat for technical support;
* Provide technical support by identifying, analyzing, and troubleshooting end user issues;
* Track, monitor, and document helpdesk issues through a ticketing system to ensure a timely resolution;
* Install and configure desktop computers, software, and peripherals using established standards;
* Make our clients a primary focus by developing and maintaining productive customer relationships;
* Offer alternative solutions where appropriate and escalate complex problems as needed;
* Travel to satellite offices on a rotational schedule, to provide on-site support; and
* Perform other duties in support of the IT department as requested.
* High school diploma required; undergraduate-level coursework relating to IT preferred;
* Prior related internship or work experience a plus;
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and strong technical knowledge of current Windows operating systems required;
* Must have excellent customer service skills with the ability to empathize and professionally troubleshoot and resolve customer's issues;
* Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail;
* Ability to work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends; and ability to drive to branch office locations as needed; and
* Knowledge of network troubleshooting, including connectivity issues, locating IP or TCP/IP addresses and understanding of Active Directory to unlock and reset passwords a plus.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Langan provides engineering and environmental consulting services.