Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including "Best Places to Work" by NJBIZ, Zweig Group's "Hot Firm" and ranked "Best Firm to Work For" in four categories, "Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania" by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times "Best Places to Work in Western PA", "Top Engineering Firm" by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opening for a GIS Supervisor in either our Doylestown, PA or Parsippany, NJ office. The successful candidate will have 5+ years of experience with a strong background in GIS data management and analysis. This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of Langan.
* A Bachelor's degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Engineering, or related field;
* 5+ years of experience in the GIS industry;
* Fluent with the esri® suite of products;
* Experience in supervising, hiring, training and evaluating core GIS staff;
* Experience with enterprise databases, especially SQL Server;
* Ability to develop and implement in-house GIS-related training and standards for multiple Langan disciplines;
* Experience with mobile data collection and data processing;
* Ability to provide daily user support including routine troubleshooting and system and data maintenance;
* Ensure GIS work products conform to local, state, and federal governmental requirements or recommendations as applicable;
* Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, judgment, and problem-solving capabilities;
* Familiarity with implementing QA/QC procedures in an enterprise GIS environment;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and multi-tasking skills;
* Ability to work under pressure within tight schedules;
* Possess a valid driver's license in good standing with reliable transportation;
* Availability to travel between Langan Offices; and
* Strong client development abilities and proven seller/doer a plus.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Langan provides engineering and environmental consulting services.