Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including "Best Places to Work" by NJBIZ, Zweig Group's "Hot Firm" and ranked "Best Firm to Work For" in four categories, "Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania" by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times "Best Places to Work in Western PA", "Top Engineering Firm" by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan is growing and has an opportunity for a Network Manager - 10+ Years Experience in our corporate headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and oversight of the Firm's infrastructure, telephony, video, and server environments. The role will proactively recommend and source new solutions to improve the reliability and performance of the Firm's IT infrastructure. The role will manage and develop team members' capabilities to meet the Firm's business and service demands.
* Manage, guide, and mentor a team of network professionals;
* Design, implement, configure, administer, and repair Cisco routers, switches and multi-segment networks as well as MPLS, VPN and SD-WAN environments;
* Overall ownership of security functions including Cisco/Meraki firewalls, security appliances, endpoint protection, email hygiene, web protection and incident response;
* Administration and maintenance of communication environments including Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Polycom Real Presence and Microsoft Exchange/Skype for Business;
* Responsible for SAN storage and virtualized server environments throughout the firm;
* Identify, analyze, and resolve operating system and hardware reliability/performance issues to ensure security and availability to users;
* Perform analysis of network needs and be responsible for design of network architecture, integration, and installation;
* Maintain network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes and wiring;
* Determine system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility;
* Apply system analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software, or system functional specifications;
* Administer VMWare/Citrix environments including, but not limited to: deploying virtual servers, monitoring server performance, and management of end user VDI environments;
* Develop, maintain and test disaster recovery plans;
* Responsible for endpoint patch management, tape backup, storage and retrieval functions;
* Establish budgetary requirements for equipment replacement;
* Develop or establish strong relationships with vendors and clients;
* Research new approaches and ideas that continuously improve efficiency and services performed;
* Remain current on IT practices, guidelines, and technologies; and
* Perform other duties, including special projects, as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar discipline required;
* Minimum of 10 years network engineering experience in full lifecycle design;
* Minimum of 3 years experience managing and mentoring support staff;
* Hands-on experience in diagnosing and repairing Cisco routers and switches, firewalls, IPT, multi-segment networks and MPLS WANs;
* Experience with Meraki firewalls, switches and APs;
* Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems;
* Current on mainstream network hardware, protocols and standards;
* Experience with VMWare and Storage platforms, Microsoft Unified Messaging and Polycom audio and video conferencing;
* Demonstrate a strong mix of business, functional, and technical skills;
* Ability to problem solve and manage projects from start to finish;
* Must possess excellent technical knowledge, leadership, team development, project management, operational excellence, and communication skills;
* Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and an aptitude for problem solving;
* Excellent technical writing, documentation, and presentation skills;
* Ability to multi-task effectively;
* Excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
* Ability to work well individually and within groups;
* Strong written and verbal communication skills;
* Possession of a driver's license in good standing and reliable access to transportation for travel to branch office locations;
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; and
* Ability to work on special projects after hours and weekends.
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Langan provides engineering and environmental consulting services.