We are seeking a Hadoop Developer with a strong hands-on development track record in building integrations utilizing a variety of integration products, tools, protocols, technologies and patterns. The ideal candidate has expert knowledge with a track record of solution delivery using various data integration solutions in situations requiring real time (synchronous and asynchronous) messaging, publish/subscribe models, microservices patterns, middleware, and other related methodologies in a multi-user, multi-platform, multi-tier environment.
* Collaborate with Business Analysts and stakeholders to evaluate and understand business concepts and processes
* Participate in large-group, coordinated planning sessions, provides effort estimates and timeline commitments, Refine and groom the product backlog and user stories
* Design and implement Technical/Integration Architecture, including development, runtime and operation architectures that service both user and overall business goals
* Test and build automation for the interoperability of application components under development, across multiple platforms, and in coordination with other product development teams
* Work with other developers to ensure teams are meeting the objectives of the business while adhering to technical and architectural standards and practices
* Collaborate with Technical Architects and others to design and implement integrated enterprise solutions
* Maintain knowledge of current technologies , research emerging technologies and industry trends, and make recommendations on implementation
* Deliver high quality assignments on time, within budget
To be considered for this career opportunity, we require the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* 7 years of professional information technology experience, including 5+ Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, HDFS - Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP preferred)
* A very strong SQL/data analysis or data mining background
* Prior experience in building scaleable distributed data processing solutions with Hadoop using tools such as Hive, HBase (NoSQL), and Sqoop.
* Experience with Linux or Unix OS system management and at least one scripting language.
* Significant Understanding Microsoft SQL Server Stack: SQL, Analysis Services (SSAS), Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI
* Postgres database experience
* Ideally experience with reinsurance
* Certifications Preferred: HDP Certified Developer (HDPCD)
* Optional: Hortonworks Data Flow/NiFi, R, Python experience
* Ideally exposure to at least one of the major Catastrophe modelling systems from RMS, AIR or CoreLogic, although not essential
* Azure Cloud Experience
* General understanding of Insurance principles and concepts
Guy Carpenter is an organization of specialists from a world of disciplines - from reinsurance broking to actuarial science to capital markets advisory - working in approximately 50 countries around the world. The diversity of our workforce is not only a point of pride, but a business necessity to meet the varied needs of our clients. The range of our operations and the pace of our innovation make Guy Carpenter a stimulating environment for recent graduates, experienced insurance and reinsurance professionals, and men and women of notable accomplishment in other industries. We are a firm that provides talented individuals with immediate responsibility and remarkable entrepreneurial latitude. At the same time, we maintain an extraordinary degree of collaboration. Most assignments involve working across disciplines and across borders. Among our employees are several Business Insurance magazine "Women to Watch" and most recently, the APIW's Woman of the Year. Over the last year, employees have also collected the Variance Prize for thought leadership from the Casualty Actuarial Society, and the Harlem YMCA Black Achievers in Industry Award.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Mercer is a human resource consulting service that includes compensation, employee benefits, communications, and investment consulting.