Computer Support Specialist
NERA Los Angeles, CA
NERA Economic Consulting is a global economic consulting firm that applies economic, finance, and quantitative principles to solve complex business and legal challenges. NERA is one of the world's largest economic consultancies, with offices across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
NERA Technology Services is looking for computer support specialist to provide on-site and remote support hardware and software support for the NERA Los Angeles, CA office. NERA is looking for broad technical skills and a history of delivering reliable service and stable technology. The role is an individual contributor with primary responsibility for end user support. This role works within the Technology Services Operations team as a member of the Help Desk. This role requires specific technical, communication, and customer service skills to deliver support for colleagues across NERA's global locations.
Successful candidates will be team-oriented, committed to skill development, able to work independently with team support, able to adhere to established process, and confident in interaction with customers in person, via telephone, and email. Candidates will be passionate about technology and confident in their ability to tackle challenges.
This is a full-time position within the Technology Services Team. The typical workday will be 9 AM to 6 PM.
* Perform machine builds, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of hardware and software associated with desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
* Loaner and telco setups
* Deliver exceptional customer service using excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge Creation - Build, document, and develop training materials to fulfill projects.
* Hardware: Laptops, Desktops, Printers, Scanners, Projectors, Smartphones, Mobile Hotspots
* Operating Systems: Windows 7, 10, Server, Android, Apple iOS, MAC OS
* Working knowledge of SQL and Windows scripting desired
* Software: MS Office 2016. In-depth knowledge of Access and Excel
* Solid understanding of Active Directory
* 3-5 years of experience
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Desire to take ownership of and complete assigned tasks
* Ability to lift and move a computer desktop and other related hardware
* Travel will be required
* Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
* Four year university degree or equivalent work experience preferred
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Mercer is a human resource consulting service that includes compensation, employee benefits, communications, and investment consulting.