Global Real Estate - Critical Systems Technical Support Manager
Req #: 190056397
Location: Orangeburg, NY, US
Job Category: Admin & Facilities Services
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
The Technical Support Manager (TSM) has the responsibility of supporting the facility engineering and Global Technology Infrastructure teams to maximize data center uptime and optimize the use of data center space, power and cooling assets at assigned data centers and mission critical facilities.
The TSM will provide the management and administration of data center technology installation and decommissioning projects in accordance with corporate policies and procedures. The TSM will also provide the management and administration of base building and critical infrastructure projects in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
The TSM will provide technical support to the Critical Systems Facility Manager for owned, leased and co-location data centers and mission critical facilities regarding audit support, reporting, lease and service level agreement compliance, third party oversight and vendor management in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
The TSM will provide technical support to Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) and the facility engineering team for capacity utilization, infrastructure life cycle management, process and procedure development and major maintenance activities.
* Assist with establishment and achievement of uptime and maintenance goals.
* Evaluate contractor services qualifications.
* Sponsor contingent workers, as assigned.
* Develop, implement and/or approve Methods of Procedure (MOP's) for change management process.
* Develop change requests, as required.
* Support the planning of capital projects and develop project budgets.
* Coordinate with GTI resources and vendors for project work.
* Develop technical procedures and processes.
* Ensure updating of engineering drawings and technical records.
* Administer projects using corporate systems per corporate policies and procedures.
* Maintain project files per corporate policy and procedures.
* Provide clear reporting and communications.
* Assist in planning technical maintenance sessions.
* Participate in infrastructure resource management strategies with GRE and GTI teams (capacity/usage/reserve).
* Provide project management for building infrastructure and raised floor projects.
* Provide required administrative and technical reporting.
* Assist in the development of training plans and staff certifications.
* Respond to emergency calls outside normal working hours and participate in incident management, resolution and root cause analysis.
* Driving implementation of engineering policies, programs and procedures throughout the region.
* Constant involvement in the development, implementation, training and subsequent feedback/revision on all critical environment management programs and processes.
* Participation in the daily management of critical environment infrastructure preventative and corrective maintenance efforts.
* Participation in Corporate audits of assigned sites, including data gathering, information assessment, reporting and presentation.
* Solve technical problems in building infrastructure and facilities systems.
* Develop systems performance assessments.
* Measure contractor service level performance.
* Participate in the testing and commissioning of equipment.
* Participation in working groups designed to standardize engineering work practices so as to achieve "best in class" practices.
* Effective written and oral communications across all levels of corporation.
* Respond quickly to clients needs.
* Manage difficult situations in a tactful fashion.
* Foster teamwork and partnership within scope of position.
* Treat all people with respect.
* Clearly understand business implications of critical systems decisions.
* Plan and execute complex projects, coordinating all necessary resources and stakeholders.
* Develop a deep knowledge of the organizational structure at JPMC.
* Adhere to all policies and procedures.
* Support organizational goals.
* Ability to successfully present technical information to higher management.
Leadership and Judgment
* Promote teamwork across all stakeholders and service providers.
* Develop comprehensive and thoughtful plans.
* Delegate work effectively and efficiently.
* Facilitate process improvement.
* Set and achieve challenging goals.
* Accept responsibility for one's actions.
* Follow instructions and respond positively to management decisions.
* Ask for help when situations warrant.
* Generate creative solutions.
* Identify/solve problems in a timely fashion.
* Determine requirements from unknowns inherent in engineering operations/support.
* A solid grasp of mathematics, the principles of physics and chemistry as they relate to facilities management and engineering operations.
* Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form.
* Use hands to finger, handle, feel.
* Reach with hands.
* Talk and hear.
* Frequently stand, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
* Taste and smell.
* Lift and/or move 25 pounds.
* Exercise close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and focus.
* Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
* Nearness to moving mechanical machinery or parts.
* Outside weather conditions and/or extreme cold and heat.
* Mechanical vibration.
* Moderate to high noise levels.
* Occasional exposure to mechanical fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete a video interview powered by HireVue.
* Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, and Data Center operation.
* Data center operation, critical system infrastructure and project management training is preferred.
* Strong PC skills, proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and Outlook.
* Membership in professional engineering or facilities management organizations is desired.
* A minimum of 10 years experience in mission-critical facilities or industrial plant operations and maintenance.
* Extensive experience with central building plant architectures and reliability engineering techniques used in contemporary data center and/or communications facilities.
* Project management experience in the installation of Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection (MEP) infrastructure systems and information technology equipment in an active data center environment.
* Experience in reading electrical and mechanical drawings, wiring schemes and control diagrams.
* Experience managing contractors and vendors providing MEP construction, cabling installation and MEP maintenance.
* Experience in verbal and written communication to upper management with an emphasis on technical and engineering documents.
* History of diagnosing problems in building infrastructure systems and making recommendations for solutions in a multi-vendor environment.
* Basic understanding of low voltage wiring techniques for networking, telecommunications, signaling, and control systems.
* A demonstrated track record of effective problem solving capabilities.
* Experience in utility management and energy conservation.
* Significant experience in managing a technically oriented team.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.