JP Morgan Chase
Applications Support Engineer
Req #: 190053886
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients' success.
Application Support team member will be a motivated and talented individual working in the Production Management (Operate) team in Commercial Banking Technology. This role has the responsibility of handling day to day issues, working hand-in-hand with application development, infrastructure, business users and implementation teams. Additionally, this role has responsibility for automating and re-engineering manual tasks and also set the direction for support during major incident management or will escalate to senior management. This role is in 24/7/365 highly available, on-call environment and rotation based.
This role is in a high-pressure environment and demands a dynamic individual with excellent communication, strong analytical skills, acumen and the ability to assimilate information quickly, with focus on Incident and problem management.
Primary responsibilities in this role will be:
* Function as team member for North America Production Support team with footprint in Dallas, Jersey City, Chicago and part of Global support team
* Work with AD and other technology teams to establish, improve and measure application support involving modern development practices, such as Agile, Continuous Delivery, DevOps and SRE principles
* Manage SLAs with internal and external teams as well as 3rd party vendors
* Handle day to day issues including daily health checks of applications and processes, working closely with End users, Development staff and Infrastructure teams, to prioritize and resolve tickets or provide work around.
* Work on implementing and supporting scalable systems, Cloud (internal/external) based solutions within organization.
* Monitor activities/processes of production to ensure timely and effective reporting, tracking, follow-up and communication of problems to internal and external clients, technical resources, and executives.
* Own incidents and problems and work to get to detailed root cause analysis and suggest workarounds and/or solutions for recurring issues.
* Implement continuous process improvement, including but not limited to, policy, procedures, and production monitoring.
* Provide coverage which will require shift/rotation
* Ownership of all issues that are raised to Operate team, through to closure
* Manage stakeholder relationships with AD, Other technology teams or end-user clients on a day to day basis
* Participate in and manage Incident Management and Problem Management processes to resolve Production issues and root cause analysis, resolution, and reporting
* Maintain a knowledge base of known defects, issues, process, techniques etc. Update and manage problem tickets appropriately
* Learn and be proficient with advanced user configuration options
* Perform or enable Deployments, Post-release testing after application upgrades and/or releases. Perform desktop testing on disaster recovery environments
Qualifications & Required Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
* Strong knowledge and experience in DevOps and Agile teams
* 3 to 5 years of experience in Operations/Production support.
* 3 to 5 years experience in Windows/UNIX/Linux environment.
* 3+ years experience in data analysis, PLSQL, and T-SQL, Oracle & MS SQL Server
* 3+ years experience working with WebSphere MQ platform.
* Familiarity with Control M and AutoSys job scheduler
* Knowledge and experience in Web based applications/Micro Services / architecture (Certificates, IIS, Web Services)
* Knowledge of Unix/Linux administration and Unix scripts. Should be knowledgeable about automating the build and deployment process.
* Knowledge of GIT, BitBucket, Jenkins, SONAR, SPLUNK, Maven, AIM and Continuous Delivery tools.
* Strong experience in monitoring tools and Alerts in APPDynamics, Datadog and Splunk.
* Strong Experience in Deployment and Troubleshooting experience.
* Understanding of virtualization concepts and some knowledge about tools like vmware
* Knowledge of Cloud (private cloud, public cloud etc) working experience of cloud environments like AWS is a plus.
* Experience in conducting and handling Resiliency Management activities such as DR, SR & HA tests is a must.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.