Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
DataFox (acquired by Oracle in 2018) is the real-time source of truth on over 3 million companies around the world. Business professionals all rely on DataFox to understand their markets and prioritize which companies they should be targeting.
Data is in our name, and it's our core asset. Every day tens of thousands of events in the business world are processed, analyzed, and incorporated into DataFox's growing knowledge-base of companies. Sales and marketing professionals use DataFox to answer strategic questions like "which software companies with revenue of at least $5 million opened a new office recently?" or "which healthcare companies based in California just launched a new product?" We're really excited about enabling businesses to make more strategic decisions powered with data.
We're a small, tight-knit team based in San Francisco's Financial District near the Embarcadero. We move quickly and iterate often, including twice a day deploys. We own our full stack, from the UI to the infrastructure. Empathy is one of our values, both for each other and our customers.
DataFox is looking for a data-driven, full-stack senior software engineer who can take initiative and think creatively to build and maintain our enterprise product. You will work on our user experience from web application to API to Chrome Extension to integrations in order to extend DataFox's leadership in automating the grunt work it takes to make business decisions.
Here are some ways you'll make an impact:
* You'll work as a team with PMs and Design to tackle open-ended UX problems and delight our customers
* You'll tackle difficult technical challenges such as searching across terabytes of disjoint, unstructured data in an intuitive interface
* You will instrument user analytics and make data-driven decisions about our features
* You will jump on customer calls with Customer Success and Sales to gain empathy for our customers and see how your projects are used
* You'll do dev ops: engineers deploy and maintain production code as well as be part of the on-call rotation (every other month)
* You'll learn modern tools and languages on the job like EmberJS, NodeJS, Python, SpaCy, Solr, Airflow, Redis, and Ansible.
Are you our next Fox?
* You've gained at least 5 years work experience as a professional software engineer.
* You write clean, modular code that is performant and secure.
* You have experience with a frontend framework like Ember, React, Vue or Angular
* You have built and maintained complex user interfaces
* You have designed database schemas for scale
* You take risks and move fast
* You balance using existing approaches with new solutions to find the right tool for the job
If you're an engineer that doesn't have experience with frontend code but would like to learn, we still want to hear from you!
* DevOps experience
* You have experience with a modern web stack (such as Rails, Django, MEAN, LAMP)
More about our team
We're a team of about a dozen full-stack engineers. We're building a collaborative, diverse team of people with a passion for automating grunt work. We're hardworking but humble with a focus on constant learning and self development. We're a close-knit skulk but we also have lives outside of work.
You'll work with us in our beautiful office in downtown San Francisco, which includes amenities such as a gym and showers. Lunch is on us every day.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.