Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Maintains security systems for routers and switches. Administers security policies to control access to systems. Maintains the company*s firewall. Uses applicable encryption methods. Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information.
Job duties are varied and complex; independent judgment needed. May have project lead role. Prefer 5 years relevant experience and BA/BS degree.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
* U.S. Citizenship is Required*
The Oracle SaaS Cloud Security (SCS) organization is tasked with providing expert security knowledge and operational assessment of the various cloud systems. This includes security policy/standards definition and enforcement, operation/monitoring of security infrastructure in the cloud, regulatory compliance, and security testing for various systems that comprise the cloud environment. This is a technical security operations role within the Oracle SaaS Cloud Security organization. The primary focus is monitoring infiltration attempts, analyzing logs looking for patterns to ensure infiltration attempts are identified and dealt with in a timely manner. You will identify attack patterns and how to defend against them, and continuously evolve the team to be more efficient through the elimination of false-positives, SIEM tuning, and the creation and enhancement of processes and workflows. The role will also assist in creating new correlations based on past investigations and identifying potential trends and patterns. Additional duties will include call-center operations for initial incident reporting and security services support. Work is non-routine and complex, involving the application of advanced technical and business skills in multiple areas of specialization.
* Ensure the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of Oracle Cloud data and systems.
* Respect and protect customer data.
* Monitor security controls to detect and prevent infiltration of company systems and exfiltration of company data by adversaries.
* Correlate data from disparate log sources to determine a baseline and generate alerts based on behavior based indicators.
* Provide management with monitoring reports and trend analysis.
* Investigate security events and determine whether they must be escalated to SCS Detection and Response Team.
* Support incident response efforts as an Oracle Cloud SOC Analyst though the monitoring of system events, utilization of security tools, and application of SOC policies and procedures
* Provide excellent customer service to Oracle Cloud Operations teams reporting policy violations, potential incidents, and requesting security solution support.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* University degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent certifications.
* Experience in information security and technical aspects.
* Two or more years of experience in utilizing enterprise security solutions including but not limited to SIEM, security detection and response tools, and endpoint security products.
* Ability to analyze attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
* Strong log analysis, deduction, analytical, and problem solving skills.
* Self-starter and self-sufficient, doesn't need to be micro-managed.
* Excellent team player, willing to share knowledge and skills with peers.
* Knowledge of Information Security standards and access controls such as ISO27001/2, PCI DSS, and other international standards.
* Possess the ability to adjust and adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic environment.
* Strong technical experience with Linux or similar Unix platforms (Oracle Linux, CentOS, RHEL, Solaris, BSD), macOS, and Windows.
* At least 2 years experience as a network analyst or systems administrator.
* Strong knowledge of Oracle systems and software.
* Strong organizational skills and detail-orientation essential.
* Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
* Knowledge of virtualization and scripting.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.