Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is currently seeking a Sr. Security Control Assessor (SCA) Engineer to provide onsite and offsite support primarily in Reston, VA. Duties will include:
* Lead and assist with security testing and security control assessments on federal applications and general support systems to ensure compliance with the NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 4 and agency specific requirements.
* Lead and conduct security control assessments within the On-going Authorization cycle.
* Technically assess both major application and general support system security configurations and implementation.
* Interface with federal employees and contractors to perform the security assessment activities. Responsible for assisting in the presentation of the vulnerability findings to the client.
* Lead and support security control assessments based on NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 4, NIST SP 800-53A Rev. 4, and NIST 800-37 Rev.1.
* Analyze results from vulnerability scanning tools such as Nessus, HP WebInspect, QualysGuard, AppDetective, and Burp Suite.
* Interface with the clients related to the overall security control assessment program and all security control assessment activities which the candidate is responsible for leading.
* Develop Security Assessment Plans (SAPs), Security Assessment Reports (SARs), and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) Reports.
* Associate of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or equivalent experience plus four (4) to seven (7) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
* High School Diploma
* Five (5) to seven (7) years of directly related experience in Information Technology and/or Cybersecurity.
* 2 years leading security control assessments based on NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 4, NIST SP 800-53A Rev. 4, and NIST 800-37 Rev.1.
* 4 years conducting security control assessments based on NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 4, NIST SP 800-53A Rev. 4, and NIST 800-37 Rev.1.
* Advanced understanding of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
* Prior experience working with a wide variety of technologies, be well versed in the current state of Information Security, and be able to interpret the requirements of relevant governing bodies (NIST, OMB, GAO, etc).
* Experience performing full scope Risk Management processes for a federal client, to include Certification and Accreditation (C&A), FISMA Self Assessments, Technical Assessments (Vulnerability analysis, penetration testing), and Risk Assessments. Finally, the candidate should have experience using vulnerability and security testing tools and reviewing the results from tools such as Nessus, HP WebInspect, QualysGuard, AppDetective, and Burp Suite.
* Experience conducting analysis of vulnerability scan results
* Advanced understanding of Unix/Linux (Solaris/Red Hat) and MS Windows Operating Systems
* Advanced knowledge of general purpose vulnerability scanners (e.g., QualysGuard, Nessus)
* Experience implementing and auditing against security configuration checklists (e.g., DISA STIGs, CIS Benchmarks)
* Advanced understanding of NIST Special Publications (e.g., 800-53, 800-37)
* Strong documentation and communication (written and verbal) skills.
* Advanced understanding of Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) and Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM)
* CAP, CISSP, Security , or GSEC certification
* Familiarity with scripting in UNIX shell, Perl, Python, or Excel macros
* Working knowledge of network firewalls, WAFs, VPNs, and other security technologies
* Ability and willingness to travel approximately 10-15% of the time within in the Continental US.
* Knowledge and understanding of Cloud Security and FedRAMP
* Bachelor's degree (Information Technology or Cybersecurity related field preferred, however not required).
* 5 years of professional experience in Cybersecurity related area
* Experience configuring and conducting technical assessments using tools such as Nessus, HP WebInspect, AppDetective, BurpSuite, and QualysGuard.
* Understanding of/experience implementing DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program and requirements.
* Proficiency understanding the technical architecture of IT systems built using Windows, UNIX, Linux, IBM AIX, VMware, Citrix, Oracle and MySQL platforms.
* Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
* Experience conducting FedRAMP assessments
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectively communicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.