Executive Director - Reliability Software Engineering
Req #: 190052274
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Job Category: Technology
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) provides solutions to guide technology across the firm globally, removing inefficiencies and streamlining how we deliver quality solutions. We're continuing to evolve from building next-gen platforms to guiding architectures that unlock their capabilities, automating how we take code from inception to production. We're focused on optimizing how apps are designed for the future, targeting solutions that are portable across multi-cloud platforms to stay resilient, scalable and maintainable. The CTO will drive Modern Engineering Practices across the firm and provide the pathway for technologist to improve their speed, quality and application development practices.
Global Technology's Cloud Transformation Program defines and implements JPMorgan Chase's enterprise cloud strategy. This strategy enables a shift from specialized, dedicated infrastructure to elastic, self-provisioned public and private cloud infrastructure. We have an opening in our Cloud Architecture team to help JPMC accelerate our cloud journey. In this role, you will not only design and build a "best in class" global cloud for JPMC, you'll stay current with emerging technologies and public cloud developments, you'll be the "go to" for public cloud, you'll partner closely with the business community to ensure the application landscape is designed to take most advantage of JPMC's global cloud offerings and ensure the offerings are accelerating JPMC's goals and objectives.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Command of architecture, design and business processes Keen understanding of financial control and budget management * Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals * Deep understanding of SRE philosophy, technologies, platforms and tools, SLA management, incident resolution, and automation. * Hands on experience on managing operations of large scale internet-centric production environments for application or infrastructure services serving tens to millions of end users. * Experience in site reliability engineering in one of the following languages: C, C++, Java J2EE technology stack and web technologies /, Python, Go,Perl, Ruby or shell scripting (Unix/Linux) * Hand-on experience with cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoringand operations, such as Kubernets, Prometheus, FluenD, Slack, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, etc. * Experience in Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations managing and/or influencing infrastructure services ensure application service uptime and user experience developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Casandra, MQ/JMS/Kafka, Aurora, RDS, Cloud SQL, BigTable, DanamoDB, Cloud Spanner, Kinesis, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc. * Prior experience in large scale internet companies/technologies, where uptime and continuous availability was core to the business. * Build a team of engineers and Java developers to implement SRE frameworks * Work with Architecture to design reusable patterns to deploy to applications, provide governance around adoption, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and designs. * Identify and partner with Infrastructure teams and AD teams to implement automation opportunities to drive down toil and reduce technical debt. * Apply standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability * Understanding of Networking and cloud technologies, for example Security, Load Balancing, Network routing protocols.
* Performs deployment, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the cloud platforms
* Help develop new cloud engineering strategies and implementations for the firm * Champion a DevOps model so that services are automated and elastic across all platforms * Support the Firm's goals in secure cloud adoption through hands on interaction with development teams to cultivate a cloud first mindset in transitioning workloads * Provides support to develop & improve the quality of technical engineering documentation * Provides support to drive the maturity of the software development lifecycle * Makes decisions of a global, strategic nature by analyzing complex data systems and incorporating knowledge of other lines of business & JPMC standards * Advanced understanding of LOB technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and JPMC policies * Ensures all engineering activities are in conformance with JPMC policies and objectives * Leads the development of product technology roadmap & engineering documentation * Leads proof of concept research and development in line with emerging industry trends * Leads product design, development, and transition to operations * Leads failure analysis / root cause analysis when required * Provides technical supervision, oversight and problem resolution for engineering activities * Provides quality control of engineering deliverables * Provides technical consultation to product management * Provides technical interface between development and operations teams * Supports program planning, engineering work breakdown structure, task estimation and scheduling * Supports management of relationships with technology vendors * Identifies, recruits, and staffs resources required for product design, development, and test * Is recognized as a positive leader and is capable of defusing complicated interpersonal issues while managing customer expectations. * Responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members.
* Bachelor's Degree in a relative technical field or equivalent field experience.
* 10+ year's of recent experience in a strategic role focused on incorporating technology into various Lines of Business (LOB) based on business drivers. * Proven experience in the area of people management on globally distributed teams * Public/Private Cloud experience in a mission critical environment to include: * Analyzing complex data systems - failure analysis / root cause analysis * Developing, improving and maintaining technical engineering documentation * Performance management * Roadmap development * Product Management - design, development, testing and integration/transition/transformation * Compliance and governance (FISMA, PCI, FedRAMP, NIST 800-53 Rev 4) * Knowledge of the enterprise cloud infrastructure and technologies -AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware, OpenStack, etc…Understanding of core concepts for Public/Private/Hybrid clouds (networking, security groups, IAM, etc.) * Dev tools experience (Github, Terraform, Jenkins, etc.) * In-Depth OS Experience (RHEL, Ubuntu, Windows Server) * Understanding of networking (ports/protocols), firewallsAdvanced expertise in Cybersecurity organization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies, tactics and strategy to protect, detect, respond and recover from attacks * Strategically oriented and can influence at the group and Firm level as needed * Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.