Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
HCM Cloud - Payroll Tax - Associate
Req #: 190058457_2
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Human Resources
HCM Cloud - Payroll Tax Associate
Human Resources Service Delivery (HRSD) is a best-in-class global HR service delivery organization of approximately 1,000 people, servicing the entire global population of JPMC, currently totaling over 240,000 employees worldwide in 62 countries. HRSD provides vital services in the area of Payroll, HR Call Center (accessHR), Recruiting Operations, Employee On and Off Boarding, Data Management, Benefits Administration and Project Management. HRSD supports the firm in achieving its strategic priorities.
The HR function is implementing Oracle's cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) System and embarking on a multi-year global initiative to simplify, digitize, and integrate our HR services. As part of this initiative, we will be replacing our North America (US & Canada) PeopleSoft Payroll and Timekeeping platforms. We are seeking candidates for a manager role on our North America Payroll team to drive and support this initiative.
Our ideal candidate will have direct experience in implementing and running Oracle's HCM payroll system with a strong understanding of Payroll Taxes in a multi-state operation. Consideration will also be given to those with Vertex tax computation experience and implementing other cloud-based payroll platforms such as Workday or Success Factors, especially if the legacy platform was PeopleSoft.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure North America payroll taxes are configured and adequately tested during the implementation of the new Oracle HCM platform. Once implemented, you will also be responsible for maintaining a compliant system and oversee the testing of the monthly updates and quarterly releases from Oracle. Additional responsibilities include:
* Key HCM payroll and tax implementation responsibilities include contributing to the planning, design, configuration, testing, data conversions, vendor integrations, operational reporting, business readiness and change management.
* Develop new, simplified and streamlined payroll and tax processes; create process maps, oversee development of standard operating procedures and associated procedures; develop user learning guides and training.
* Oversee analysis, configuration and testing of monthly HCM updates and quarterly releases
* Perform root cause analysis, and implement remediation plans to address deficiencies where appropriate
* Assist with tax filing activities partnering with tax service provider and Payroll Tax Team. Run quarterly processing preliminary files until the Final Production File is due. Utilize Balancing Reports, Quarter Error Reports, and Critical Error reports along with PeopleSoft queries for research and resolution.
* Foster productive strategic partnerships across the HCM Program Management team, internal counterparts in workforce technology, finance, compensation, benefits, HRIS, legal, and corporate tax as well as with our Oracle and our strategic integrator contacts.
* Participate in efforts with internal/external stakeholders to interpret and translate business requirements into functional specifications for system change requests. Act as the liaison to HR Technologies during development, programming and testing of stakeholder requirements.
* Participate in coordination of system changes and required user acceptance testing activities to bring about desired results including development of testing methodology, test scripts, validation processes and final user sign-off criteria.
* Provide subject matter expertise to coordinate research and analysis activities into causes of pay cycle error events; recommend and implement approved long and short-term solutions for best practices.
* Minimum of 4+ years Payroll tax experience.
* Cloud payroll and tax implementation and stabilization experience required.
* Having 2+ years recent experience with PeopleSoft HR/Payroll/Benefits is a plus.
* Bachelor's degree in Business /Accounting or equivalent work experience
* Demonstrated analytical and technical skills.
* Project management skills and systems experience to effectively bring about change by incorporating system enhancements and development of new processes.
* Ability to quickly absorb product knowledge, process information and apply appropriately to meet client's needs
* Excellent customer service, verbal & written communication and organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability to multitask and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment with changing initiatives.
* Experience with building, executing test cases and documenting defects, using a tool such as ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) is preferred
* Prior experience with organizing and leading meetings, both in-person and via tele-conference
* Advanced PC skills, including MS Windows & Office Suite (i.e., proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
* Take initiative, be a self starter, fast learner, and team player
* Outstanding work ethic with a high degree of confidentiality
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.