What you'll be doing...
The CSG Program Management team is responsible for strategy and implementation of systems/solutions that support Verizon's 1 ERP strategy for Verizon Finance, Accounting, AP, Payroll, and Supply Chain. TheERP Systems Program Manager position is the interface between different stakeholder groups and is comprehensively responsible for the program management of large-scale, complex ERP and Finance Systems programs with a significant impact on Verizon landscape.
* Responsibility for large-scale, complex projects delivering system conversion, enhancement and upgrade deliverables involving both PeopleSoft, SAP, and Oracle instances with significant impact on Verizon landscape (line of sight >2y.) - during project course indirect responsibility of involved/further project members.
* Responsibility and decision authority focuses comprehensively on plan, build, deliver, run, status and budget tracking/responsibility of these projects (end to end development and deployment).
* Project Management interface between the Business Teams, GTS, CSG and other transformation offices.
* Manage business case preparation and value realization against the business case.
* Flexibility and collaborative work approach to solve complex problems and to develop customer specific solutions - taking into account multiple internal and external stakeholder groups and different level of stakeholder groups (e.g. Top-Management) with various/changing stakeholder demands/requirements and intersections (e.g. IT, Finance, AP, SC, Top-management level etc.).
* Compliance to Verizon policies and procedures or direct impact on the re-design of existing policies and procedures.
* Identify and manage project resource needs and staffing process including subject matter/part-time resources.
* Lead deliverable acceptance and invoice approval process.
* Establish and oversee effective issue resolution, change control, and risk management processes.
* Maintain project budget (and phase gate reviews) and report monthly program cost status dashboards at project, Operations Committee, Key Stakeholders, and Executive Steering Committee levels.
* Manage compilation of schedule, status, and metric updates at project and team levels; report appropriately to all levels of governance including executive.
* Oversee implementation of methods, processes and tools which enable tracking of large program budgets include Best View, Committed View and Actual view.
* Main point of contact for program leaders as a go between and coordinator for all program contracting needs including hardware/software purchases and implementation services.
What we're looking for...
You will need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with a strong (project) financial analysis.
* Experience with large, finance-impacting systems program implementations (SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle).
* Experience in executive communication including presentingpreparation and delivery.
Even better if you have:
* A degree with concentration in Accounting, Finance, FP&A, IT, Project Management or relevant work experience.
* Experience managing across varied Finance, Business, and Technical stakeholder groups and maintaining key relationships.
* Proven past success with negotiating contracts for large system program implementations (SAP, PeopleSoft).
* Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication and organizational skills and the ability to deliver across levels.
* Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment with good time-management skills and the ability to manage teams independently.
* Demonstrated highly developed cross team leadership skills and the ability to manage internal / external resources to achieve project objectives.
* Ability to operate independently and remain focused through change or uncertainty.
* Formal training and/or certifications in project management methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma Methodologies, PMP Certifications, etc.)
* Ability to perform in a high volume, fast paced changing environment with good time-management skills and the ability to manage teams.
* Demonstrated commitment to enhance functional and technologies capabilities, particularly around cutting edge and nascent technologies.
* Strong organizational skills to coordinate and manage multiple cross divisional work process and projects.
* Ability to develop, manage, and mentor junior staff.
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.