What you'll be doing...
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
* Managing multiple concurrent projects focused on the delivery of solutions including design, implementation, and handoff to support.
* Oversee in a wider scope including project governance, financial tracking and analysis, partner contracting and management, application of standard project management processes and artifacts, risk management, process and methodology development and improvement.
* Lead cross functional teams across multiple lines of business to ensure a high quality delivery of Professional Services engagements.
* Collaborating in a dynamic, face-paced environment and be able to proactively seek creative solutions to complex problems.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Industry project management certification such as PMP or CAPM.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Six or more years of managing technical programs and projects.
* Experience with the delivery of Internet of Things solutions in areas such as intelligent video, public safety, intelligent lighting, big data processing, etc.
* Experience within Wireless / Technology, Product Management, and Media and Content.
* Experience with public sector project delivery.
* Technical industry certifications such as CCNA, JNCIA, etc.
* Demonstrated interest in emerging technologies such as IoT, SDN, NFV, etc.
* Strong experience in leading complex and concurrent endeavors.
* Excellent organizational & communication skills and be able to work with a sense of urgency.
* Ability to work effectively under extreme time constraints and deliver against critical deadlines.
* Ability to work without any require direct supervision; ability to take high level direction and proactively move a project or internal initiative from start to finish with minimal assistance.
* Ability to perform a wide variety of organizational tasks and direct the work of others.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.