What you'll be doing...
Verizon has a culture built on innovation and developing new ways to do business. As a member of the Field Assurance Support Team (FAST), you will have the unique opportunity to be part of the future transformation of our network and have a lasting impact on our business. The FAST will be a cross-functional team where you will use your expertise to creatively resolve issues in the network. The FAST has a bias for action and takes ownership and pride in driving efficiencies that positively affect the bottom line.
* As a team member of the FAST, your primary role will be to provide remote support to Field Engineers with the integration of new equipment into the network. You will also help to identify and troubleshoot network issues that arise. This may include: alarm verification, remote resolution, cell site access assistance, network data trending and documentation.
* Monitor and react quickly to issues found with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and System Alarms on regional switch & data network elements; including LTE, EVDO, CDMA, VoLTE, and EBH networks.
* Serve as VZW primary contact while vendors are on site performing equipment upgrades.
* Interact with vendors to obtain root cause analysis' for all sector carrier outages, immediately obtain/create and distribute preventive procedures to avoid recurring outages, and works with field engineers to drive the vendors to deliver the final resolutions/fixes required to prevent future outages.
* Analyze network coverage to ensure contiguous communication, and network integrity - preventative and remedial maintenance of customer facing network elements with attention to issues with data drops, diversity imbalances, azimuth verifications, antenna down-tilt settings.
* Ensure networks operate at peak performance, exceed VZW performance KPIs, and comply with all Maintenance engineering configuration guidelines and directives.
* Run standardized diagnostics and reports from the many networking tools used to baseline network element performance. The referenced tools include RTT (1x, EVDO, LTE, EBH), ALPT, etc.
* Oversee the troubleshooting and restoration efforts for all regional CDMA, LTE and EBH network elements to improve regional network element performance by resolving and improving mean time to resolution on issues that impact VZW network services.
* Manage operational standards; including development of best practices, troubleshooting techniques, tools used for fault isolation and performance monitoring.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.